New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 15
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «AMM Extreme mouse lag when alt-tabbing/clicking out of some fullscreen applications » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 41465

Nick Kleespies

Posted: 02/14/2019 21:15:37

I love Actual Multiple Monitors but there is one issue I have with it.

Some fullscreen games such as the new Apex Legends have trouble when it comes to AMM. Whenever I alt tab out of the game, the application will take longer to come up than it would if AMM was not on. Whenever this happens the cursor lags behind my inputs with the mouse for about 3 seconds before it becomes smooth again. I tested turning on and off AMM and this only occurs when AMM is on.

If I can have any help with this that would be appreciated.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/15/2019 12:34:05

Hello, Nick

What version of AMM are you running?

Whenever I alt tab out of the game, the application will take longer to come up than it would if AMM was not on.
Do you mean, the game is minimized when you hit alt+tab and then it takes longer for the game to restore, when you try to restore it?

Whenever this happens the cursor lags behind my inputs with the mouse for about 3 seconds before it becomes smooth again.
Does this behavior belong to the game only when you get back to the game, or it happens somewhere besides the game?

Do you mean you not apply the Ignore Deactivation feature to the game?

Best regards.

Nick Kleespies

Posted: 02/16/2019 05:30:13

I'm running version 8.12.2,

Yes, whenever I alt-tab or exit fullscreen for any game, it takes longer to do so whenever Actual Multiple Monitors is on vs when it is off.

This behavior with the cursor occurs whenever I get back into the game or back to the desktop. Both ways my cursor always lags behind where it actually is for about 3 seconds, then becomes smooth again.

I will also add that this only happens with some games in particular. Others it works fine and has no problem at all.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/19/2019 20:19:53

Nick,

What OS are you running (version, 32- or 64-bit)?

What are the values of the text size option for each monitor in the system (Windows Display Settings > "Change the size of text..." (in Windows 10) or "Make text and other items larger or smaller" (in Windows 7, the same for all the monitors)? Could you temporarily set it to 100% for all monitors and see whether the problem persists.

Could you try to disable Actual Multiple Monitors taskbars and see whether the problem persists in this case (AMM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Multiple-monitor taskbar, disable this option and hit Apply). Let us know the results.

Could you also please specify the games you've noticed this problem with and the games that don't have this problem.

Best regards.

Nick Kleespies

Posted: 02/20/2019 08:01:06

I am running Windows 10 Pro,

I already have the text size to 100% and AMM taskbar off, but the issue still occurs.

So far the only games that I have noticed this in is Call of Duty: Black ops 3, Call of Duty: Black ops 2, and Apex Legends.

Every other game that I have played does not have this issue.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/20/2019 23:41:50

Nick,

What monitors do you use and what interfaces do you use to connect the monitors to the computer (DVI, HDMI etc.)? Is any monitor connected via USB Type-C or wireless connection? If yes, then could you disable this monitor, leave only monitors connected via other interfaces, and see whether the problem persists?

Could you also provide couple examples of the games you don't have this problem with (the most popular of them)?

Best regards.

Nick Kleespies

Posted: 02/22/2019 11:07:30

I use:
-1 1920x1080 144hz monitor connected via DVI
-1 1600x900 60hz monitor connected via HDMI to DVI
all through a GTX 1070

I tried unplugging each monitor and testing each respectively but found no luck.

Some games I don't have this problem with include: CSGO, Garry's Mod, PUBG, Rocket League, and Fortnite.

Corneliu GIURGIU
Advanced user

Posted: 02/25/2019 15:15:01

I noticed this happening as well. From what I've seen so far, it seems to be related to the resolutions of the screen and the game. I have an NVidia GPU & their Geforce Experience has an "Optimize games" feature that automatically configures the games it supports, to an optimized preset, and mmong other settings, it also adjusts their resolution. For example, it will set Heroes of the Storm to something like 3840x1080 and do a downscale to achieve some effect.

Anyway, say I have set the main monitor to its native 1920x1080 resolution and the game to 3840x1080. When I start the game, my taskbars will disappear and reappear after a few seconds (probably AWM will reinitialize to account for the resolution change), and during this interval the mouse will be laggy, and the same thing will happen with VoIP (discord for example will "stutter"). Furthermore, the game will automatically minimize after a few seconds of full-screen. Then if I switch back, it will minimize again, unless I change its resolution to 1920x1080. I don't have a lot of games, but I noticed this behavior happening for any game which has a different resolution then the one set for the monitor (Heroes of the Storm, Division, Ghost recon wildlands, Starcraft).

However, this does not happen if I exit AWM.

Kind regards

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/25/2019 18:47:20

Nick,

Could you change the resolution in the games you have the problem with to the resolution the primary monitor has, then try to reproduce the problem and see if it persists?

Corneliu,

Thank you for the information.

Have you tried to disasble the Geforce Experience and its resolution auto adjustment feature, change the game's resolution to 1920x1080, then restart the game and see whether lags persist in this case?

Best regards.

Corneliu GIURGIU
Advanced user

Posted: 02/25/2019 23:17:04

Bogdan, you're welcome. That's the first thing I disabled as it was becoming more than a nuisance, although somehow after certain updates it sometimes decides to ignore the setting and "optimize" my games  :(

Rant aside, if there's no difference in the resolution and AWM does not need to adjust to its changes, the ALT-TAB switch is fairly quick, with minor stutters every once in a while when starting the game, which for me is acceptable.

Messages 1 - 10 of 15
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register