Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[Solved] Configuration Module will not start » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7059

Gerard Booth

Posted: 03/28/2008 01:11:42

My system runs Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. for many months now 'Actual Window Manager version 5' has worked as it should.
Today however, the tray icon and title bar buttons are present and everything seems to work as normal.  But when I try to launch the configuation module, i.e try to create or modify window rules, the configuration module does not launch.

I have tried many, many times without success. The only change is windows ran chkdsk to correct a couple of disk errors on my C: drive.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling 'Actual Window Manager' but the problem still exists.

Can you detail a way I can Manually remove all traces of 'Actual Window Manager' including all the registry keys etc so that I can do a fresh install as if the software was being installed for the first time.

Regards

G Booth

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/28/2008 03:00:44

Gerard,

Is there ActualWindowManagerConfig.exe in the Processes tab in Task Manager?

The configuration files are normally stored at: (under Vista) C:\users\<your account name>\appdata\roaming\ActualTools\Actual Window Manager.

The installation folder is normally stored at: C:\Program Files\Actual Window Manager  

So, delete all the files from these folders and install Actual Window Manager once more. Does it help?

Gerard Booth

Posted: 03/28/2008 03:56:55

Thank you for your prompt reply, deleting the files in C:\users\<your account name>\appdata\roaming\ActualTools\Actual Window Manager. seems to have solved the problem and everything seems to be working fine again.

something must have been corrupted after vista ran chkdsk, as when launching the configuration module 'ActualWindowManagerConfig.exe' appeared briefley in Task Manager then disappeared.this happened every time I launched it.

Now everything appears to working again, thank you for your prompt and excellent technical support.

Kind Regards

G Booth

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/30/2008 22:41:42

You are welcome and thanks  :)

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list