Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Middle click AWM taskbar button support , Change functionality when middle click on taskbar button? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7071

Jonathan Hickman

Posted: 12/28/2018 23:33:44

When I middle click on a taskbar button on the AWM Multiple Monitors taskbar, I get a duplicated window (a new instance of that program or a new explorer window). Is there a way to change this behavior?

I have used 7+ Taskbar Tweaker on the Windows taskbar & it works well as a quick way to close windows, but it doesn't work with AWM. Is there a way to implement this or is there a setting I am missing?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/09/2019 08:12:26

Hello, Jonathan

When I middle click on a taskbar button on the AWM Multiple Monitors taskbar, I get a duplicated window (a new instance of that program or a new explorer window). Is there a way to change this behavior?
There is the ability to change this behavior partially: you can use the AWM "Close" mouse action (AWM configuration module > Mouse > Actions > Close). You need to enable it and set to Middle Mouse Button on Taskbar Button and disable modifier keys for it (Win, Ctrl etc.), then press Apply. After you do this, middle mouse button click on a window taskbar button on the Actual Window Manager taskbars will close the window, unless you click grouped taskbar buttons (in this case the standard Windows "new window" action will be performed).

Also, this will only work on Actual Window Manager taskbars, but this should not be problem if you use 7+ Taskbar Tweaker for the system taskbar.

I have used 7+ Taskbar Tweaker on the Windows taskbar & it works well as a quick way to close windows, but it doesn't work with AWM.
Do you mean you don't use 7+ Taskbar Tweaker anymore? Is this due to compatibility problems with AWM?

Is there a way to implement this or is there a setting I am missing?
We'll consider either implementing the support of the 7+ Taskbar Tweaker middle click close action by our taskbars or improving the AWM respective feature, so that it works without mentioned limitations. We'll post in this topic if any of this is implemented.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register