Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Divider not working , Divider not working » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8773

Inflatablemouse

Posted: 12/05/2018 00:31:02

I enabled the desktop divider under layout and snap, while WIN+SHIFT is pressed.
I created a layout, I tried activating it and give it a hotkey.
Below options I created a visible frame, 3 pixels, 50% transparency and dark blue.

I cannot get this to work. I drag with the hotkey, I tried different hotkeys, I tried always enabled. I created new layouts, with and without a hotkey to activate.

It's not working. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/06/2018 04:46:37

Hello, Inflatablemouse

What exactly our product you're running (name, version)?

What OS are you running (version, 32- or 64-bit)?

Do you have this problem with windows which are definitely processed by the Actual Tools product, i.e. they have extra title buttons or other features of the product applied to them? Some settings (either Default or Specific) should be applied to a window in order for the Desktop Divider feature to work for the window.

What are your monitors?

Have you edited the Desktop Divider layouts or you've just added them?

Best reagrds.

Inflatablemouse

Posted: 12/07/2018 23:18:58

Hi thanks for the reply.

The version is Actual Window Manager version 8.13.3.
I am running Windows 10 pro 64-bit.

I actually disable pretty much every feature in AWM and remove all buttons from windows.

I use AWM to position and resize windows (initial placement and size, not fixed or limited) for some programs. Most programs properly remember their last position so I leave those alone.

The monitor is a single Dell Ultrasharp 3440x1440.

I have both edited and added new layouts.

Can you tell me which feature I need enabled for the Desktop Divider to work?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/08/2018 08:40:11

Inflatablemouse,

Can you tell me which feature I need enabled for the Desktop Divider to work?
In order for a window to be processed by Actual Window Manager Default Settings or Specific Settings should be applied to the window. "Default/Specific Settings" are fundamental elements of any Actual Tools program and they contain the feature options which are applied to the window/group of windows specified in the Target Window section of the settings (in case of Specific Settings) or the rest of the windows, which don't have Specific Settings or Exclusion created for them (in case of Default Settings).

In order for the Desktop Divider to work for a window, specific settings or default settings should be applied to the window, which means either specific settings for the window should be created and enabled or default settings should be enabled and there should be no exclusion for the window in the exclusions list enabled (see the attached screenshot).

Usually you can tell whether the window is processed by AWM by extra title buttons or other features, but if all the features disabled, you can start AWM, open the Log Window (AWM tray context menu > Show log window), check the Enable logging option and then open the window you have problems with. If it's processed by Actual Window Manager, then the item for this window should appear in the log window.

Let us know whether the windows you have the problem with are processed by AWM or not.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register