Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] multi-folder 2-monitor slideshow broken- LARGE images and screens , AMM 8.13.2 -- 5600x3840 total monitor rectangle, large images. Wallpaper not rendering. » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2916

Ryan Arroyo

Posted: 11/30/2018 04:52:17

Hello! I recently purchased Actual Multiple Monitors primarily for the purpose of using it for separate wallpaper slideshows from two different folders. Unfortunately, it does not seem to consistently function for this purpose.

I think it may be a problem with the software compiling my background images-- I have two high resolution monitors. One 4k  monitor set up vertically (2160x3840), and an adjacent horizontal 3440x1440 ultrawide. I want to display separate very high-resolution image slideshows on each, with image resolutions roughly 1.5-3x those of the monitors.

My intuition is that the software's method of stitching images together to make a larger one and then spanning it across both monitors is struggling due to the downsampling of high-res images and subsequent building of the massive 5600x3840 rectangle necessitated by my setup. I do not believe hardware is my limitation-- my images are stored on a 970pro NVME ssd, and my processor is 6 cores at 5ghz.

When I enter the "show picture source" command for the separate folder slideshows on each monitor, the sources reference correctly and upd ate according to the interval-- the images just fail to render. I have a pink default background se t in windows, and while the source references display correctly, my images do not. Only the pink background and the file path show.

Is there a fix available for this issue?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/30/2018 23:27:24

Hello, Ryan

I have a pink default background se t in windows, and while the source references display correctly, my images do not. Only the pink background and the file path show.
Most likely it is a known problem.

Could you download this file UseJPEGCodecAMM.reg, install it and see whether it solves the problem.

The problem is associated with the fact there is the limitation to the size of the final desktop wallpaper file in the system. Setting Actual Multiple Monitors to convert this file to .jpeg (instead of .png, which is default) significantly reduces the file size and it should solve the problem for quite large desktop sizes. If the solution doesn't work for some large size desktop then the problem can be solved by reducing the resulting image quality parameter (the UseJPEGCodecAMM.reg file sets it to 95%).

Best regards.

Ryan Arroyo

Posted: 12/01/2018 02:54:13

This seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you, Bogdan!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register