Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «FullScreen Game Switch to 2nd Monitor » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 24993

J D Magness

Posted: 11/27/2018 01:40:08

Actual Multiple Monitors 8.13.2
Windows 10 x64 Home Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.407)
Primary Monitor: Acer Predator X34 running 3440x1440 90Hz
Secondary Monitor: Samsung 2443 1920x1200 60Hz
Program: IL-2 Sturmovik Greatest Battles Version 3.007

Game running in Fullscreen Mode on Primary Monitor. When I move mouse to Secondary Monitor, Primary Monitor starts flickering and Taskbar shows at bottom of screen. The screen will switch back and forth with just the game screen then to game screen with taskbar at botton of screen. Only way to stop this behavior is to exit the game.

If I exit Actual Multiple Monitor app and restart the game it runs ok and I can switch between monitors without any problems.

I did not have problems with the previous version of Acutal Mulitple Monitors. I do not know my previous version of AMM. I skip one or more versions of AMM before I updated to 8.13.2.

Let me know if I need to provide additional information. Any ideas on how to fix?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/27/2018 19:15:10

Hello, J D Magness

If I exit Actual Multiple Monitor app and restart the game it runs ok and I can switch between monitors without any problems.
How exactly you're able to move the mouse pointer from the game window? Do you use Alt+Tab combination to switch to other windows? Does the game window minimize when you switch to other monitor, or it stays full-screen?

Do you use the Ignore Deactivation feature of Actual Multiple Monitors for the game in order to keep it from minimizing, when you switch to other windows?

Does the problem persist if you disable the Multi-monitor taskbar feature of Actual Multiple Monitors (AMM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Multi-monitor taskbar)?

Best regards.

J D Magness

Posted: 11/27/2018 22:33:46

Thanks for the response!

I mouse to second monitor (the way it previously worked), game does not minimize, select open window on second monitor, then return to primary monitor with game. Game starts flickering as described in original post.

Also tried Alt+Tab. Game does not minimize. Game begins flickering. Closing game is the only way to stop the flickering.

There is not flickering on the second monitor.

Ignore Deactivation has no effect.

Disabling AMM Multi-monitor Taskbar feature stops the problem. I can move my mouse between monitors without the described problem.

The problem occurs only when the AMM Multi-monitor feature is selected. Having the Window 10 "Show Taskbar on all displays" Multi-Display selected or unselected does not stop the problem with AMM Multi-monitor Taskbar feature selected.

Could the conflict be with Windows 10 version 1803?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/28/2018 18:19:03

J D Magness,

I wrote:
Do you use the Ignore Deactivation feature of Actual Multiple Monitors for the game in order to keep it from minimizing, when you switch to other windows?
I meant, usually when you play a full-screen game you're not able to simply move the mouse pointer from the game window, it's locked in the window. You can move the mouse pointer from the window using the Alt+Tab combination but usually if you don't use any third-party tools which prevent minimization (such as Ignore Deactivation feature), the game window is minimized and the game is paused.
Do you mean the IL-2 Sturmovik game lets you move the mouse pointer from the window without using any third party tools? Are you able to do this right when in the game process or you have to exit to the menu?

Does the game has the same resolution as the primary monitor? Could you change the resolution in the game to the same as the monitor's and see whether it solves the problem.

Have you tried to reproduce the problem with other games? What games you've tried to reproduce the problem with and what is the result?

Best regards.

J D Magness

Posted: 11/29/2018 06:59:28

IL-2 Sturmovik Greatest Battles

FullScreen mode is selected. Game is set to run at 3440x1440 the same as my primary montior.
In the game configuration file (startup.cfg) [key = input] is a setting "exclusive=(can use 0 or 1)"

Setting exclusive=0
Mouse is locked to game on primary game monitor.
Alt-Tab does not minimize game but mouse is unlocked from primary monitor
Move mouse to secondary monitor, sel ect anything on that monitor and the the primary monitor with game begins to flicker. It switches back and forth between the game (fullscreen) and the game (fullscreen) with the taskbar at the bottom of the screen then back to just the game without the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. The switching back & forth will continue until the game is closed.

Setting exclusive=1
Mouse is not locked on the primary game monitor.
Alt-Tab does not minimize the game on the primary monitor.
Move mouse (not locked) to secondary monitor, select any thing on the that monitor and the same flicker behavior occurs.

Ignore Deactivation is set for the game in a Specific Setting profile
Also have hotkey for Ignore Deactivation.

With AMM Mulit-Monitor Taskbar disabled, I can move the mouse fr om the primary monitor to secondary  monitor,  select anything on the secondary monitor and move the mouse back to the game on the primary monitor without any problems.

The only other game I have is IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover. Part of the IL-2 Sturmovik family but uses a different game engine.

More difficulties.
FullScreen mode is selected. Game is set to run at 3440x1440 the same as my primary monitor.
When game loads, the primary monitor screen goes black, game will not complete loading.

Game will run if AMM is not running.

Set game to run in Pseudo-window. The game logo appears but game will not start.

Again game will run if AMM is not running.

J D Magness

Posted: 11/30/2018 09:47:34

Found the conflict. Problem occurred when Windows 10 Taskbar is unlock. When taskbar is locked, I can move to the second monitor, select a window or desktop icon and move back to the game without flickering. I was unaware that the Taskbar had been changed to unlocked.

Discovered another problem which I had been researching but was not aware that it involved AMM. When the AMM Multi-monitor Taskbar is selected, I get stutters in gameplay. When I disabled AMM Multi-monitor Taskbar, the stutters are no longer present and gameplay is very smooth. I had previously been experimenting with changes to nVidia graphics and game graphics without finding a resolution. Disabling AMM Multi-Taskbar eliminated the stutters.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/01/2018 01:05:15

J D Magness,

Thank you for providing the detailed information from your own testing.

For now we don't have access to the game to reproduce the problems on our computers.

Have you tried to exclude the game from processing by Actual Multiple Monitors by creating an exclusion for it? You can create an exclusion the same way specific settings can be created, but in the Exclusions section of the configuration module. If you have any specific settings for the game enabled, you should disable them in order for the game was excluded.
Try to leave only the "Program" criterion enabled in the Target Window parameters of the exclusion with the game .exe file specified. See whether adding an exclusion for the game solves any of these problems.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register