Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Disable dragging a window , Prohibit user from dragging windows from their startup location » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7322

Myron Mosbarger

Posted: 03/26/2008 15:04:09

I have a screen made up with several windows that need to be maximized and then minimized in their startup locations. Problem:  I can move a window and leave it any place on the screen. Under "Change Window Position Manually"  the "Via title button" and "Via window menu item" are unchecked.
Is there a way to prevent windows from being moved (other than Restrict placement) and still have full screen maximize? :(  

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/27/2008 03:16:18

Unfortunately, the current functionality of Actual Window Manager doesn't allow to do so. But I've registered your feature request in our to-do list, so it will be implemented in one of its future versions. I recommend you to subscribe to Actual Tools newsletter to be informed about the latest news about our products.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 03/27/2008 07:06:46

Myron, may I ask you - why you don't like the "Restrict placement"? As far as I can conclude it fits your situation best, just note that, once it's applied, you can disable it any time via the corresponding window menu item (then you can maximize your window).

Myron Mosbarger

Posted: 03/27/2008 13:49:41

Sure.  From my experimenting if I use Restrict Placement, when I select Maximize it will not expand to the full screen but will be restricted to the parameters for Restrict Placement.
Picture this layout- a screen divided into equal quadrants. In each is an application receiving data.  To interact with an application the user (using a touch screen) will select one of the applications.  When finished it needs it to go back to the same location so it does not cover any of the other applications.  In Startup I can send a window to a specific location on the screen.  I need the same functionality for minimize.  Or maybe a feature to select a window anchor point.
If there is a way to do this with the current product that would be great.  I am a newbe to ActualTools and really like.  Any suggestions gladly appreciated.

Applications use a touch screen and are in a mobile environment.
Many thanks,
Myron

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register