Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Windows 10 Virtual Desktops - Incorrect Taskbar Windows » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 9997

Mike Marynowski

Posted: 10/16/2018 20:55:13

Hi,

I use Windows 10 virtual desktops fairly extensively and there's a problem I'm seeing when Actual Multiple Monitors is running: some windows that aren't on the active desktop still show up in the taskbar. Clicking on one of these rogue taskbar items causes the active desktop to change to the one the window is actually on. This is particularly noticeable with File Explorer windows - it seems that AMM makes them show up on the main taskbar of every virtual desktop that doesn't have a File Explorer window current open.

The behavior is fairly sporadic and random as to where else windows decide to show up in the taskbar of other virtual desktops.

I'm using AMM version 8.13.2.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/22/2018 16:42:05

Hello, Mike

Sorry for the delay.

File Explorer windows - it seems that AMM makes them show up on the main taskbar of every virtual desktop that doesn't have a File Explorer window current open.
Even if all the File Explorer windows are on the secondary monitor on every virtual desktop where they are presented?

Do you use the Tabbed Explorer feature (AMM configuration module > Files and Folders > Tabbed Explorer > Group Explorer windows within tabbed containers)?

Is the main taskbar the system taskbar or Actual Multiple Monitors taskbar? Is the option "Replace the system taskbar" enabled in Actual Multiple Monitors configuration module (AMM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Replace the system taskbar)?

Could you name the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

What applications have you noticed the problem the most besides the File Explorer?

Best regards.

Mike Marynowski

Posted: 10/23/2018 09:33:26

The problem only seems to happen when the system taskbar is enabled, which I had on because the previous version was causing me problems. If I let AMM replace all the taskbars then the problem goes away.

I don't see any "Files and Folders" or "Tabbed Explorer" settings - are you sure that's part of AMM and not AWM? I am only using AMM with built-in Windows 10 virtual desktop support, not AWM virtual desktops.

This is my configuration:

[M1] [M2]

M1 is the *secondary* monitor, to the left of M2. M2 is the primary monitor and it is running the system taskbar not the AMM taskbar.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

1) Open a couple Windows 10 virtual desktops (we can call them V1 and V2)
2) Open a File Explorer window on V1-M1 (the monitor with AMM taskbar, not system taskbar)
3) Switch to V2. The taskbar icon for the File Explorer window will show it is open on V2-M2 (system taskbar).

Now that I have tested the problem more I realize it is happening with all programs, I just noticed it with File Explorer more because of the way my windows are usually organized.

Like I said before, if I let AMM replace the system taskbar then this doesn't happen. If I open the window on M2 where the system taskbar is then the problem also doesn't happen. It's only for windows open on M1.

My windows version is 17134.345.

Thanks,

Mike

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/01/2018 02:13:14

Mike,

there's a problem I'm seeing when Actual Multiple Monitors is running: some windows that aren't on the active desktop still show up in the taskbar.
This problem has been confirmed. We'll try to fix it and will post in this topic once it's fixed.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/30/2018 03:51:25

Hello, Mike

some windows that aren't on the active desktop still show up in the taskbar.
I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed in the latest version of Actual Multiple Monitors 8.13.3 and our other products as well.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register