Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Profile conflict with Nvidia control panel driver , Have to faff with Nvidia CP each time » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3851

Boris

Posted: 09/19/2018 23:58:13

Hi.. just frustrated that Actual Multiple Monitors profiles don't over-ride the Nvidia control panel setting for multiple monitors. It would be great to use the AMM profile to switch between sets of monitors- but it doesn't work because the Nvidia CP blocks it- at least in my setup. I have to then open the Nvidia CP and select the active monitors I want. Then it works... but this is too much faff and obviously not how it's meant to work. At the moment my GPU only supports two monitors but it should be possible via AMM to activate whichever 2 of the three I have currently connected - via the profile settings. Nope.. I think the Nvidia CP can't deal with allowing three potentially active monitors when it knows it can only support two... which is what you see when you go into the Nvidia CP- the effect of switching the profile here is that only the one which Nvidia knew about (was checked) before is checked- both of the other two are unchecked. You have to check the 'new' second monitor to activate it.  So it's a faff. Yeah I know- I should get a card that supports more monitors!

Just noticed this isn't a problem with Display Fusion. No need to enter the Nvidia Control panel to check/ uncheck regardless of more monitors connected than the GPU supports.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/20/2018 10:51:28

Hello Boris,

Thank you for the post.

Please specify your OS (version, 32 or 64-bit), version of Actual Multiple Monitors and Nvidia CP.

Could you also go to Actual Multiple Monitors -> Multiple Monitors -> Monitors Layout and Settings and follow these steps:
1. Disable the "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" option for a display you need to disconnect;
2. Apply changes;
3. Disable the "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" option for a display you need to connect;
4. Apply changes.
Does it work in this case?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register