Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Archive Icon Locations , How can I archive my icon locations? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3077

Dave Wengert

Posted: 09/17/2018 21:24:55

For whatever reason, I occasionally find that the "Restore desktop icons order" does not restore them where I want them.  It would be beneficial to have more than one saved configuration.  If I cannot have multiple saved configurations through the front door, it would be helpful to know where this information is saved.  Then I would copy off a dataset for archive with the plan to restore any given archive in the event the "Restore desktop icons order" feature does not give me what I want.

So the question is, "Where does the 'Save desktop icons order' function save its data?"

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/18/2018 11:49:11

Hello Dave,

Thank you for contacting Actual Tools Support Service.

We’ll consider this as a feature request and inform you when it will be implemented in Actual Multiple Monitors. Currently, this data is located there - %AppData%\Actual Tools\Actual Multiple Monitors\DesktopIcons\ (to open the directory, please copy the path in bold, paste it in the address bar of Windows Explorer and hit enter).

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register