Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Mouse Pointer Not Showing Up in Window Mirror Mode » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 11749

Shanie MyrsTear

Posted: 08/22/2018 02:39:34

Howdy AT Forum!

First, the specs.

- Actual Multiple Monitor 8.12
- Windows 10 10.0.16299.194
- 64-bit
- All software affected.

When using Window Mirror mode (the button near the minimize key), the mouse will not show up in the window even if "mirror mouse pointer" is chosen.

Workaround: You gotta click on the taskbar icon that's created when you click Control Mirror. If you don't, the mouse isn't rendered. It's as if it needs to be the primary window if only for a split second to see the mouse.

After clicking the taskbar icon, the mouse behaves as usual.

Is there a way to skip this step?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/22/2018 06:44:02

Hello, Shanie

When using Window Mirror mode (the button near the minimize key), the mouse will not show up in the window even if "mirror mouse pointer" is chosen.
I was unable to reproduce the problem with the latest build of Windows 10.

What are your DPI settings in the system?

What applications you have noticed the problem with?

Do you have some unusual settings for the mouse pointer in the system?

Best regards.

Shanie MyrsTear

Posted: 08/23/2018 01:45:52

Hi Bogdan,

I formatted the computer and upgraded to 10.0.17134 (AKA 1803). The problem persists.

I am using AMM to display something fr om Display 1 duplicated to Display 2 & 3 (mirrored through Windows Settings).

I'm unsure what the actual DPI is for each monitor, but they are all 1080p maximum monitors and are running 1920x1080.

Every program tested, the problem repeats. Calculator, Chrome, File Explorer, Device Manager, all the same. No mouse until I click on the icon in the taskbar, then the mouse appears and remains until leaving Mirror Mode.

I don't believe I have unusual mouse pointer settings.

If it helps, I also have an issue going into Full Screen mirroring (where you mirror the entire desktop). If you mirror the entire monitor to another screen, the mirror does not respond (it puts the first frame up, with mouse, and it stops updating after that). The workaround that I found here on the forum, wh ere you set the Source Type as "Part of Desktop" and do 0,0,1919,1080 seems to fix that problem. The individual application mirroring issue still persists however.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/23/2018 05:42:57

Shanie,

Do I understand correctly, that the problem is that the mouse pointer is not displayed in the mirror window, when it is in the window that is mirrored, as if the "Mirror the mouse pointer" option was disabled? And it's displayed after you make the mirror window active (click on its taskbar button or title bar) and it's still displayed if the mirror window becomes inactive after this?

By DPI settings I mean the "Change the size of text, apps and other items" option in the Display settings, the percentage value for each monitor.

Could you provide specifications of your system? The graphics card model is important for us.

Could you send us your Actual Multiple Monitor configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please change the "To..." address in the email to uninstall@actualtools.com.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register