Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «aim891 License usable on latest version? aim891 compatible with Windows 10 and Office2016? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7564

Tyler Vice

Posted: 08/02/2018 03:15:17

Hello,

One of my users is currently using Actual Windows Manager 8.9.1 and loves it. Currently on Windows 7 with Office 2013 64-bit working perfectly.

The plan is to migrate them over to a Surface Pro running Windows 10 and Office 2016. I am fairly certain that the 8.9.1 version is incompatible with 2016 as it didn't come up right when I tried upgrading her on that machine. Is the 8.9.1 version compatible with windows 10? I want to upgrade to the most recent version, but not sure my 8.9.1 standalone license will work for the most recent version?

I appreciate any help on the matter.

Thanks!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/02/2018 19:13:03

Hello, Tyler

Windows 10 constantly updates, and new compatibility problems may appear with new updates. Although, we're always working to maintain the compatibility of our programs with Windows 10, so the latest versions have better compatibility with the recent versions of Windows 10.

Actual Windows Manager 8.9.1 should work in Windows 10, although there are many problems that were fixed since that version and may persist in it: Actual Taskbar got hung, Metro apps windows crashed and CPU consumption increased in some situations among others. Also some new Windows 10-related features were implemented since that version, such as new Windows 10 taskbar icons. You can see the whole list of the changes on the What's New page. Search for "Windows 10" in the browser search to find the changes associated with Windows 10.

Also there may be some compatibility problems between AWM 8.9.1 and the latest Windows 10 version that we're not aware of.

As for Office 2016, there are also several problems that were fixed since the version 8.9.1, but they are mostly associated with extra title buttons. Could you clarify what you mean by "the 8.9.1 version is incompatible with 2016"?

You should try the 8.9.1 version on the latest version of Windows 10 to see if its compatibility is enough in your situation.

Best regards.

Tyler Vice

Posted: 08/02/2018 19:32:07

Thanks for your prompt response!

The tile buttons overlap the original buttons on Office 2016, but that was on her Win7 laptop. I've yet to test it on the surface. In that sense I suppose it is compatible but faulty.

Can you address what version I can license with my 8.9.1 standalone license?

Thanks again for your time and assistance.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/02/2018 20:00:15

Tyler,

Can you address what version I can license with my 8.9.1 standalone license?
This depends on the date of the purchase.

Could you provide the email address you've specified during the purchase of the license? You can send me it via the private message.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/02/2018 20:40:48

Tyler,

Since the version 8.0 we changed our upgrade policy and made it subscription-based: registering the program gives the user automatic subscription for free updates (no matter minor or major ones) for a certain period (currently - a year, beginning from the day of purchase).

When this subscription expires, the user can continue to use the last actual version of the program as long as he/she likes but to get further updates, the user needs to purchase another registration code to prolong the subscription for free updates for one more year.

The registered users of earlier versions are entitled to a free upgrade or significant upgrade discount, depending on when the original license was purchased.

According to Actual Tools Upgrade Policy, your Free Updates Subscription was valid until October 06, 2016 and now is expired; thus you can register with the code only the versions released before that day (you can view them in our archive of previous versions). The 8.9.1 is the latest version available for you to register with your code.

You can see your upgrade options on the Upgrade Center page of our website.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register