Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] move to monitor not working properly with chrome » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10808

Jeff Esposito

Posted: 07/22/2018 23:34:37

This issue is only with Chrome every other window I've done this with works completely fine.

I have chrome on my main monitor and hit the 'move to monitor' button or Win + /. It seems to move to the left past my second monitor and to where a 3rd monitor could be. The task bar button is there properly. I can tell it's there from the minimize maximize animations. To fix this I have the shift click the taskbar button and select 'Move to Monitor' then it properly moves to monitor. If I click the button again to move it back to my main monitor, it does but it stretches it like there is another monitor to the right and it's trying to put the window on my main monitor and non-existent monitor to the right so I only get half the screen.

Thanks

Actual Multiple Monitors 8.12.2
Windows 10 64-bit
Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/23/2018 13:12:07

Hello, Jeff

What is your monitors layout, what are the resolutions of the monitors and what DPI settings you have for each monitor?

What interfaces you use to connect the monitors to the computer (DVI, HDMI etc.)? Do you use a docking station or USB video adapters?

To fix this I have the shift click the taskbar button and select 'Move to Monitor' then it properly moves to monitor.
Do you mean this action works correctly both if you move from the primary to the seconday and back?

Could you name the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Best regards.

Jeff Esposito

Posted: 07/23/2018 20:16:49

Samsung U28E590 3840 x 2160 (native) Display Port
Dell S2716DG 2560 x 1440 (native) Display Port

Once I hit the move to monitor button and it pushes the window off my screens I have to use shift click the taskbar button and select 'Move to Monitor' in order to see or interact with the window. If I use that instead of the button it acts the same way as the button.

Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.165)

Also, this worked fine for another user I had on this PC. The user got corrupted (unable to log into MS) and they had me create a new one.

Thanks

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/24/2018 18:19:01

Jeff,

Could you send us a screenshot of your "Monitors Layout and Settings" section of the AMM configuration module.

Also please see what options has the "Move to monitor" title button in the settings applied to Chrome and tell us (Settings that are applied to Chrome > Title Buttons section > Move to monitor).
To go to the settings that are applied to particular window click the “Manage window settings” title button (Wrench icon) or the extra window menu item with the same name and then click the "Modify applied settings" item of the opened submenu.

What are the DPI settings for the monitors (standard Windows display settings > Change the size of text...)?

Best regards.

Jeff Esposito

Posted: 07/24/2018 21:44:30

screenshots attached.

DPI settings are 150% for my main monitor (2) and 100% for the other (1).

Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K-GJpUWTv5qKhqbLuI6BOQIz3C0_lHch/view?usp=sharing

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/25/2018 12:55:19

Jeff,

Could you place the monitors so that the monitor 2 (primary monitor) was on the left and the monitor 1 (secondary monitor) was on the right? Does the problem persist in this case?

Could you return your inintial monitor position and change DPI setting of the main monitor to 100% and see whether the problem persists?

Best regards.

Jeff Esposito

Posted: 07/25/2018 23:37:10

I swapped the monitors. The same thing is happening.

I changed the DPI setting to 100% and that fixed the problem, but that is not an acceptable solution.

I have another user on this pc with the same setting and this does not happen.

Last night I uninstalled and deleted everything out of program files and AppData(both users). When I reinstalled everything is the same. 1 user works the other doesn't.

150% is recommended by windows for this monitor and setting it to 100% makes it unusable. Everything is way to small.

Thanks for your help

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/26/2018 12:50:51

Jeff,

I have chrome on my main monitor and hit the 'move to monitor' button or Win + /. It seems to move to the left past my second monitor and to where a 3rd monitor could be
We've managed to reproduce the problem on our computers. We'll try to fix it and will post in this topic when the problem is fixed.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/28/2018 23:17:28

Hello, Jeff

I have chrome on my main monitor and hit the 'move to monitor' button or Win + /. It seems to move to the left past my second monitor and to where a 3rd monitor could be.
I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed in the latest version of Actual Multiple Monitors 8.13.1 and our other products as well.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register