Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] PowerPoint issue in presentation mode , Presentation window and program window 'overlap' » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 14227

Rene Laprade

Posted: 07/03/2018 21:32:27

I am using a notebook computer with the screen closed (ie the monitor is 'disabled') and have two external monitors connected to it.  When I attempt to run a presentation, the presentation screen overlaps the program window regardless of which monitor the program window is located on if 'Use Presenter View' remains unchecked.  If I check this window, then the Presenter View window remains at the forefront and I can't see the presentation as it remains behind the Presenter View window.  When I disable Actual Windows Manager, I get the Presenter View on one monitor, and the presentation itself on another (which is what it should be).

Are there settings I can change to give me the Presenter View on one monitor and the presentation on the second monitor?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/05/2018 00:56:04

Hello, Rene

Do you mean two PowerPoint windows (presentation screen and program window or presentation screen and Presenter View window) are always displayed on one display (first or second)? Could you check whether the "Move to monitor at startup" option with "Having mouse pointer" or some other value is enabled in the settings that are applied to PowerPoint.
By default the standard PowerPoint specific settings are applied to PowerPoint, but to know for sure what exactly settings are applied to particular window click the “Manage window settings” title button (Wrench icon) or the extra window menu item with the same name and see the name of the settings in the appeared menu (Modify applied settings: name of the settings).

Best regards.

Rene Laprade

Posted: 07/05/2018 02:28:24

To answer your first question, I mean the presentation screen and the presenter view window are always displayed on one window.  I can confirm that "Move to Monitor at startup" with "Having mouse pointer" is enabled.

I don't understand the second part of your text.  What do you want me to do?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/05/2018 17:47:59

Rene,

Specific Settings - is a configurable set of the features that are applied to the window/group of windows defined by the Target Window criteria of the settings.
Default Settings - is a configurable set of the features that are applied to the windows that don't have Specific Settings created for them and that are not excluded from processing by Actual Window Manager.

You can manage the settings here: AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Default Settings/Specific Settings.

I don't understand the second part of your text.
In the second part of the text I've described how you can figure out what exactly settings (Default Settings or particular Specific Settings) are applied to a window, so that you could see how these settings are adjusted and adjust them.

I can confirm that "Move to Monitor at startup" with "Having mouse pointer" is enabled.
What exactly settings (Default or particular Specific Settings) you've seen this feature enabled in? Make sure that they are the settings that are applied to PowerPoint and disable the Move to Monitor feature, then click Apply both in the settings window (for Specific Settings) and in the main configuration window. Then see whether it solves the problem.

Best regards.

Rene Laprade

Posted: 07/07/2018 04:03:08

I have disabled the feature in the PowerPoint settings.  Applied to both specific and main configuration windows.  The same problem persists.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/08/2018 20:27:41

Rene,

Send us your Actual Windows Manager configuration using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Change the "To..." email address in the email to uninstall@actualtools.com.

Best regards.

Rene Laprade

Posted: 07/11/2018 03:17:03

Done, thank you.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/13/2018 22:53:53

Rene,

I have disabled the feature in the PowerPoint settings.  Applied to both specific and main configuration windows.  The same problem persists.
This happens because both Presenter View and slideshow windows have "screenClass" class and it doesn't match the class parameter specified in the standard Microsoft PowerPoint specific settings of AWM (Window class: PPTFrameClass). Therefore, Default Settings are applied to these windows, and the Move to Monitor feature is enabled in these settings. You can either create an exclusion for these windows with the following target window parameters: Window class: screeenClass, Program: \POWERPNT.EXE, so that Default Settings weren't applied to the windows. Or you can change the standard PowerPoint specific settings target window parameters and leave only the Program and maybe the Caption criterion enabled, so that the settings also were applied to Presenter View and slideshow windows instead of Default Settings. Let us know the results.

Best regards.

Rene Laprade

Posted: 07/14/2018 00:20:15

Unchecking the Windows Class box fixed the issue.  

Thank you for your help.

Rene

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register