Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Problem with Profile Management , Actual Multiple Monitors - Problem with Profile Management » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5663

Michael O'Meara

Posted: 06/15/2018 01:00:07

Actual Multiple Monitors 8.12.2 running on Windows 10 64 bit

Hi

I have just purchased the above software and am having serious problems with the Profile management.  

I set up two separate profiles, one called Primary Profile with monitor 1 as my main on the left and monitor 2 as secondary monitor on the right, as per my usual set up.  Desktop icons appear on monitor 1.  The other called Gaming profile has monitor 2 on left and monitor 1 (Primary) on the right.  I have hotkeys Win + numpad 1 for Primary profile and Win + numpad 2 for Gaming Profile set up as well.  My monitors each have a separate background picture.

The problem is that when I switch from the Primary to Gaming profile, the background pictures switch over meaning that it appears to be working.  However, the desktop icons will momentarily appear on the right-hand monitor before reverting back onto the left hand one.  Surely this is wrong.  Shouldn’t the primary monitor always show the desktop shortcut icons?  Then after a about thirty seconds the whole thing appears to just revert back to Primary as the pictures switch back around again without any input whatsoever from me.

Not a good start it has to be said.  Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/17/2018 19:27:48

Hello, Michael

the background pictures switch over meaning that it appears to be working.
the whole thing appears to just revert back to Primary as the pictures switch back around again without any input whatsoever from me
Do you mean, first the background pictures are displayed correctly, each on the respective monitor, and then they switch over and are displayed on wrong monitors?

the desktop icons will momentarily appear on the right-hand monitor before reverting back onto the left hand one.
Does it happen if you change the monitors position via the standard Windows Display Settings?

Are you sure that the monitor 1 remains the primary monitor in the Gaming profile ("Use this device as the primary monitor" option in the profile)?

What monitors do you use and what interfaces you use to connect them to the computer (DVI, HDMI etc.)? Do you use a docking station or USB video adapter?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register