Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Ignore Deactivation is broken , CS:GO is not able to ignore deactivation completely. » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 13053

Jonathan Neerup-andersen

Posted: 05/20/2018 23:01:36

Hi.

I have just tested DisplayFusion and after the update to Windows 10 1803 Ignore deactivation no longer works in CS:GO.

If i use the key combination to activate it and then click one of my other monitors, the game will tab out for 5-10 seconds with everything else lagging, and then just tab back into the game.
I have done some tests to see if i could reproduce the issue and i am able to.

1. Open CS:GO (I use a 2560x1400p monitor and play at 4:3 stretch, but that should not make a difference)'
2. Ignore deactivation through specific settings startup or click a keycomb.
3. Move mouse to another monitor and hold the mouse over and icon of the taskbar to see the preview.
4. Right click or click the preview and CS:GO should tab out, fuck everything for 5-10 seconds and then tab in again.

I have been able to make the tabbing out and in faster by disabling Focus Assist which is a new terrible feature from Windows that no one wanted but cannot be removed.

Both AMM and CS:GO is running as administrator and CS:GO with modify rights for external programs.
I have tried both with windows task bars and with AMM task bars but there is no difference it seems.

I have tested with Display Fusion which seems to share the exact same problem.

Please fix this as i need this feature badly for streaming and without it i am broken.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/22/2018 14:46:53

Hello, Jonathan

the game will tab out for 5-10 seconds
By "tab out" you mean that the mouse cursor is outside the game window and you can freely move it over the desktop and click other windows?

Have you tried to enable the compatibility mode for the Ignore Deactivation hotkey? Does it have any effect?

Do you launch CS:GO via Steam? Could you enable the Steam Overlay and when it's enabled try to use the Ignore Deactivation hotkey.

Have you noticed the problem with any other games/windows?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register