Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Title bars and tool ribbons displayed in "phantom" places » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10392

Ray Mitchell

Posted: 05/09/2018 05:17:54

I have the latest version of Actual Window Manager that I am using on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on an ASUS P6X58D-E motherboard with an Intel i7 CPU and 6ea monitors driven by 3ea NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 dual-head display adaptors.  My system has had all updates and I've even done a fresh minimal install on a different disk to try to clear up the problem, but it didn't.

I typically work in Word with .docx files and in Acrobat X with PDF files with most of their windows maximized on my primary monitor, which has a single Actual Window Manager frame encompassing the entire screen.  I maximize them by double-clicking their title bars rather than by dragging them to the Actual Window Manager frame.  After I work with a few these files for a short time their title bars and tool ribbons appear to move down fr om the top edge of the screen by about 1/4" .  However, when I attempt to click on them there is no response.  Instead, if I move the mouse pointer up a little bit to where the item I want to click was originally located it suddenly reappears there too and the click works.  Fr om then on I have two of the clicked item.  The only thing that clears the problem for each file is to close it then reopen it, which I have to do using Alt+F4 since the title bar often disappears entirely.  I've also had instances where the tops of the windows appear to move onto the monitor above my primary monitor, but that's bogus too since clicking in that area does nothing.

To debug this issue I rebooted, exited Actual Window Manager before opening any of the files, then opened and maximized all of them.  After doing this I was able to work on them for many hours without the problem ever recurring.  As a final test I did it again with Actual Window Manager running and the problem came back after just a few minutes.

This issue has existed to one degree or another since I first installed Actual Window Manager several versions ago, but it seems to be getting worse (or maybe I'm just finding it more annoying now :-)  Although I really like AWM it is getting to the point where its liability is outweighing its benefits.  What do you think?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/15/2018 21:24:49

Hello, Ray

6ea monitors driven by 3ea NVIDIA GeForce GT 710
What do you mean by 6ea and 3ea?

After I work with a few these files for a short time their title bars and tool ribbons appear to move down fr om the top edge of the screen by about 1/4"
Does it happen both with Word and Acrobat X?

Could you send us a screenshot depicting the problem?

Instead, if I move the mouse pointer up a little bit to where the item I want to click was originally located it suddenly reappears there too and the click works.
Are you able to bring back all the components this way one by one? Do you mean, you're not able to return title bar?

Could you try to reset the AWM settings to default and see whether the problem persists? But first create the backup file of your current configuration (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Backup), so that you could restore the configuration from this file later using the Restore tool (the same section of the configuration module). Then exit AWM completely, go to %appdata%\Actual Tools and delete the Actual Window Manager folder. Then start AWM and see whether the problem persists. Let us know the results.

Best regards.

Ray Mitchell

Posted: 05/16/2018 08:29:05

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, Ray

6ea monitors driven by 3ea NVIDIA GeForce GT 710
What do you mean by 6ea and 3ea?
Placing "ea" after a number is a standard way of indicating "each" as opposed to a dozen of them, a box of them, etc.

After I work with a few these files for a short time their title bars and tool ribbons appear to move down fr om the top edge of the screen by about 1/4"
Does it happen both with Word and Acrobat X?
Yes, and I've also seen it happen with Visual Studio.

Could you send us a screenshot depicting the problem?
I will do that.

Instead, if I move the mouse pointer up a little bit to where the item I want to click was originally located it suddenly reappears there too and the click works.
Are you able to bring back all the components this way one by one?
Yes, as I hover over where an item used to be it reappears and stays there. I have to do this one at a time to get all the items to reappear, but they still also remain visible below.
Do you mean, you're not able to return title bar?

Could you try to reset the AWM settings to default and see whether the problem persists? But first create the backup file of your current configuration (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Backup), so that you could restore the configuration from this file later using the Restore tool (the same section of the configuration module). Then exit AWM completely, go to %appdata%\Actual Tools and delete the Actual Window Manager folder. Then start AWM and see whether the problem persists. Let us know the results.
I will do that.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register