Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «block premature appearance of xyplorer's windows » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 13099

adam

Posted: 04/19/2018 23:22:13

AWM and xyplorer conflict heavily
i actively use the brilliant AWM program since 2009
and i haven't experienced biggest problems than in xyplorer

my copy of AWM has ~140 items in the "window settings -> specific settings" section
and all small/medium/big difficulties (ever appearing) were almost nothing comparing to troubles which i have with xyplorer

1. "block premature appearance" feature just doesn't work at all
2. compatibility mode is useless as always
- disabling it doesn't help
- disabling the "block premature appearance" doesn't help too

3. xyplorer's sub-windows like "edit item names" have the same issues like the main window has

4. "change standard window parts" feature doesn't work
in 1st seconds/minutes it may seem to be working but very soon xyplorer reverts itself to the standard view forgetting about my rules created for it in AWM

5. there are huge troubles with any kind of "transparency + xyplorer"
6. "prevent window's accidential close" feature doesn't work

7. AWM is nearly useless in xyplorer (in my case only the "restict placement" feature is seemingly working properly)
8. is it something that couldn't be solved at all because of VB6? (xyplorer is made in it)

9. was it already completely fixed in versions of AWM that are newer than my old version 7.0?
- though i don't think so at least because the big AWM's "what's new" page doesn't have the "xyplorer" word at all
- the only 2 related (but not important now) very old fragments are:
"The compatibility with applications written in Visual Basic is improved" (Actual Window Manager 5.1)
"The intermittent crashes of applications written in Visual Basic have been fixed" (AWM 6.0)

i use: win server2003 sp2 32-bit
my version of xyplorer is the newest - 18.90.01 (but all earlier versions have the same problems too)

adam

Posted: 04/25/2018 16:51:32

some additional info:

1) "change program priority" doesn't help (including 'high' and 'real-time')

2) all xyplorer's windows (except 1 sub-window) refuse to obey the "block premature appearance" feature
examples:

a) main window: window class - ThunderRT6FormDC
b) main menu -> file -> rename special -> edit item names:
window caption - XYplorer, window class - ThunderRT6FormDC

c) window caption - Edit Left-Click Script, window class - ThunderRT6FormDC
d) window caption - Edit Script, window class - ThunderRT6FormDC

e) window caption - Edit User Button, window class - ThunderRT6FormDC
this is the only xyplorer's window that is displayed without unwanted 'window jumping'
here the only enabled action ('align') is working properly (at window start-up)

i ask the developers to react because the problem is not small at all

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/27/2018 04:04:18

Hello, adam

Are you running the version 7.0 of AWM?

I was unable to reproduce the problems you describe with the latest version 8.12.1 on Windows 7. Could you temporarily install this version and see whether any of these problems persist in this version?

If the problems still persist, then could you describe them more detailed:

1. "block premature appearance" feature just doesn't work at all
What exactly actions do you have enabled to be applied at xyplorer's startup in the settings for xyplorer?

How do you see that the "block premature appearance" feature doesn't work?

4. "change standard window parts" feature doesn't work
What "change standard window parts" settings you use for xyplorer?

5. there are huge troubles with any kind of "transparency + xyplorer"
Describe the problem more detailed.

Best regards.

adam

Posted: 05/26/2018 07:23:45

i use awm-version 7.0 since 2012
and i was absolutely disappointed when i installed the awm-8.12.1 yesterday to check if the problems with xyplorer are really absent in the newer awm-releases

i haven't found not a single useful and interesting new feature (more than 6 years have passed) comparing to the awm-7.0
some changes in new awm are awful. for example: the changes that were made to this part of the settings:
"opens a separate window to customize the settings of selected window rule (Enter)"

(in awm-7.0) it is so much easier to manage all the items in the 'specific settings' section
(in awm-8.12.1 and seemingly some previous releases too) you literally spoiled everything in the options

i have ~150 my own window rules
this is the only section in the preferences that is constantly needed to be checked/altered/changed
and now i'm obliged to press 'enter' for ~150 times (where previously no such pressings were necessary at all)

awm-8.12.1 requires 2 exe-processes instead of 1
this is another obvious disadvantage in the developing of the awm program

(in awm-8-12.1) the win2003 standard task manager crashes while just trying to switch between its tabs
for example, from 'processes' tab to 'applications' tab
(in awm-7.0) the win2003 standard task manager does not crash in this situation

(in awm-8.12.1) awm-rules (related to xyplorer) STILL DO NOT WORK (just like in awm-7.0)
it is a big mystery for me: what exactly let you write that awm and xyplorer have no conflicts?
xyplorer is still not usable together with awm-rules at all

if you really want to improve the awm concerning the xyplorer issue, please re-read attentively my 1st 2 posts in this topic - they are very detailed
but ok, here is some additional description:

"What exactly actions do you have enabled"
mainly these: resize, align, run macro

"How do you see that the "block premature appearance" feature doesn't work?"
i explained that already. xyplorer's main window and its sub-windows are JUMPING at startup
(like it was in all awm-releases before the release of awm 5.4)

"What "change standard window parts" settings you use for xyplorer?"
at least these: resizable frame, title bar's icon and buttons

(i use xyplorer's official version from 2018.05.24)

i really like the awm program since summer of 2009 (since version 5.3)
and i am thankful for this product. but in recent years it was transformed to something ugly
sorry for big amount of words. sorry for the truth

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/06/2018 19:41:41

adam,

I tried to reproduce the problems you're talking about in Windows XP, because for now we don't have access to Windows Server 2003 OS. I was unable to reproduce these problems using the standard AWM configuration and the settings for XYplorer you're talking about. The "Block premature appearance" option worked, as well as the "Change standard window parts" and "Prevent window's accidental close" (see the screenshot part 1 and part 2).

Are you sure the parameters in the "Target Window" are set correctly and these specific settings are applied to the XYplorer window? You can check it by clicking the "Manage window settings" window menu item or the title button with the wrench icon. In the first item of the submenu, the applied settings will be specified.

Could you send us your AWM configuration using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Change the "To..." email address in the email to uninstall@actualtools.com.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register