Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] Specific settings startup not working » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 9276

Ilmar Young

Posted: 04/05/2018 20:23:59

Hello,

I have a few programs that I would like to do the following upon opening them:

Move the specific program to a specific monitor  ...
maximize.

I have made the rules within the specific settings section... None of my rules seem to be working.  When I open the program... it just opens up in the last window in which it was opened.

Windows 10 pro 64.

Thanks for your help

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/09/2018 16:43:02

Hello, Ilmar

What our product are you running (name, version)?

Are the specific settings applied to these windows at all? Is there any sign of these programs are affected by our product - extra title buttons, extra menu items or desktop divider tiles are highlighted when you drag the window?

If the programs are affected, then click the Manage Window Settings extra title button or extra window menu item and see whether the right settings are applied to the window (first item in the sub-menu).

If you doubt that the settings are applied, then open the Log window (Actual Tools product tray icon context menu (right click on the icon) > Show log window). Check the "Enable logging" checkbox and open one of these windows. See whether new item for this window has appeared in the log, and what settings were applied to it (Rule/Exclusion name column).

Best regards.

Ilmar Young

Posted: 04/13/2018 02:27:07

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, Ilmar

What our product are you running (name, version)?

Are the specific settings applied to these windows at all? Is there any sign of these programs are affected by our product - extra title buttons, extra menu items or desktop divider tiles are highlighted when you drag the window?

If the programs are affected, then click the Manage Window Settings extra title button or extra window menu item and see whether the right settings are applied to the window (first item in the sub-menu).

If you doubt that the settings are applied, then open the Log window (Actual Tools product tray icon context menu (right click on the icon) > Show log window). Check the "Enable logging" checkbox and open one of these windows. See whether new item for this window has appeared in the log, and what settings were applied to it (Rule/Exclusion name column).

Best regards.

I am using the Actual Windows manager suite program.

I cant get it to work with either Chrome nor IE.   I have successfully made it work with some other programs on this same PC.   This is getting super frustrating.   All I need to do is have a web browser open up on a specific monitor... and this program isnt doing it.

I did what you said with the Log.  Yes IE appears in the log and it shows that the rule named " Google-Internet Explorer" was applied  however it never went to the monitor specified in the rule.

Ilmar Young

Posted: 04/13/2018 03:48:22

Ok, so I got it to work on one computer... Im not really sure what I was doing wrong.  What I did was delete all the existing specific settings, and then my new ones started working.

Now I am having a similar problem on another PC however I know why its not working.
Goolge Chrome and IE are not being altered by AIM.  For some reason neither program is showing the overlay from AIM however everything else on the computer seems to be working including Edge browser.

Any ideas?  I tried uninstalling AIm and reinstalling

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/13/2018 22:27:57

Ilmar,

Goolge Chrome and IE are not being altered by AIM
Do you start Chrome and IE in the "Run as administrator" mode or as different user? If yes, then this can be due to the "Support system utilities and administrative tools" option was not enabled during the installation of Actual Window Manager. To check whether it is so, make sure that Default Settings are enabled in the configuration module of AWM, start the Registry Editor application (Win+R, then type regedit in the "Run" window, press Enter) and see whether its window is affected by AWM (whether it has the additional title buttons or window menu items).

If the Registry Editor window is not affected, it means that the option wasn’t enabled. Try to reinstall the program and enable this option during installation and see whether this solves the problem. Let us know the result.

Also, if this doesn't solve the problem, send us the AWM configuration files (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please add a link to this topic to the email.

Ilmar Young

Posted: 04/19/2018 02:34:02

Thanks guys for your help.
I figured out the problem.   Theyhad webroot end point software on this PC.  FOr some reason webroot seemed to only affect IE and chrome.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/23/2018 13:36:50

Ilmar,

We're glad you've managed to solve the problem. Thank you for sharing the information about what caused it.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register