New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 20 of 20
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Access Denied during installing. MoveFile Code 5 , Access Denied trying to rename files during installation » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 36431

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/07/2018 21:13:24

Lee,

Is Actual Multiple Monitors version 8.12 the first Actual Tools program you tried to install, or you had installed some other Actual Tools programs or older versions of Actual Multiple Monitors in this system before?

Could you try to install Actual Window Manager in this system and see whether the same error message appears?

What anti-virus software you use? Have you tried to temporarily disable it and install AMM? Could you try it or at least add the AMM installation folder to the list of exlusions of anti-virus?

Best regards.

Lee Robinson

Posted: 06/12/2018 04:35:42

I can’t find anything in the McAfee blocking reports or Activity Reports that relate to access for these files.  Would it be possible for you to send me those SCR files independently?  I am not looking for a general solution here, I just want to get the software working.

Lee Robinson

Posted: 06/13/2018 23:23:37

I was able to install Actual Multiple Monitors on my laptop.  I copied Actual Monitors Slideshow.scr and Actual Multiple Monitors.scr to a flashdrive and tried to copy them into the Program Files (x86) on my computer here.  I received a message saying "You require permission from Everyone to make changes to this file".  I attached a screenshot.  Is this a security setting on the file?  I'll check the folder security to see why "Everyone" has such authority.

Lee Robinson

Posted: 06/14/2018 01:35:32

Checked with the security folks here and it turns out that you all were correct.  The McAfee software does not allow "SCR" files.

Can Atherton Atherton

Posted: 04/05/2019 14:01:29

Lee Robinson wrote:
When trying to install Actual Multiple Monitors 8.12, I receive an error:  c:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Multiple Monitors\Actual Multiple Monitors.scr

An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:  MoveFile failed; code 5.  Access is denied.

I have modified the permissions for the folder so that my user, administrators, and TrustedInstaller, all have full control of the folder.  Can I do this rename manually?  None of the files it is trying to rename end up in the folder.

Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1, 64 bit.

I ran the install as administrator.

Should I try installing in a folder other than Program Files (x86)?

If your issue is resolved then please suggest me the best method out of this.

Lee Robinson

Posted: 04/05/2019 22:21:33

If your issue is resolved then please suggest me the best method out of this.
All but the functions that use the Screensaver feature work just fine.  The security policy on our network does not allow SCR files.  I simply do not have the features of Actual Multiple Monitors that use the SCR feature.  There is no work-around for me.  I am simply out of luck.  I have asked to be supplied with the EXE files rather than SCR files but they told me they could not do that.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/10/2019 18:42:34

Hello, gentlemen

Can Atherton,

Have you managed to solve your problem yet?

Do you mean you get the same error:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Multiple Monitors\Actual Multiple Monitors.scr

An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:  MoveFile failed; code 5.  Access is denied.

Is it your home computer or work computer?

What anti-virus software you're running?

Best regards.

Christopher Nolan

Posted: 09/09/2019 16:42:04

There are certain Anti-Virus programs which identify SCR as a threat and they block it in general. You should dig up your Anti-Virus settings and try to modify the settings. This will actually help you. Cheers

Lee Robinson

Posted: 09/09/2019 19:48:39

Christopher Nolan wrote:
There are certain Anti-Virus programs which identify SCR as a threat and they block it in general. You should dig up your Anti-Virus settings and try to modify the settings. This will actually help you. Cheers

The security policy on our network does not allow SCR files.  There is no work-around for me.

Christopher Nolan

Posted: 09/24/2019 17:55:58

You haven't got the solution as yet I think. If so, then I would suggest you to check {https://validedge.com/destination-folder-access-denied/} this URL. It might be a good source for you.

Messages 11 - 20 of 20
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register