Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM gets on top » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7198

Diam0nd

Posted: 12/15/2007 14:30:35

I get this for some reason now. I've tried uninstalling, cleaning the registry and folders from old AWM files. This still happening.

Is there a reason to fix this? Or am I missing smth?

User added an image

P.S. I can't attach a 5k picture? This is too funny ;|

AWM v6.5 B2, REGISTERED

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/16/2007 23:08:41

Hi Diam0nd,

Did you try the Shift the Buttons option? Does it help in this case?

Diam0nd

Posted: 12/17/2007 09:21:19

Michael Rezvanov wrote:

Hi Diam0nd,

Did you try the Shift the Buttons option? Does it help in this case?                                                        
Hey Michael,

Well, isn't this a window-specific setting? In my case AWM buttons are on top of ALL window, so its not smth that I get in one application only. I have this for all my windows. I mean, should I create a window-specific rule for ALL my windows and then adjust this setting?

AWM v6.5 B2, REGISTERED

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/17/2007 23:19:14

Please specify do you have any system tweaks on your machine that can cause it? We tried to reproduce the situation on our testing machines and did't detect the bug.

It could be also great if you could try to reproduce it on another XP machine (with clean installation), if it's possible, of course.

BTW does it happen only in the Windows Classic theme?
Did it happen with other versions of Actual Window Manager? I ask this remembering you as an active beta-tester of our products.

Diam0nd

Posted: 02/10/2008 13:50:44

Michael Rezvanov wrote:

Please specify do you have any system tweaks on your machine that can cause it? We tried to reproduce the situation on our testing machines and did't detect the bug.

It could be also great if you could try to reproduce it on another XP machine (with clean installation), if it's possible, of course.

BTW does it happen only in the Windows Classic theme?
Did it happen with other versions of Actual Window Manager? I ask this remembering you as an active beta-tester of our products.

1. No I never use any tweaking, simply because I've never had any need for them so far
2. I can't really reproduce it, because it usually "just happens". Like I tried to run it on another XP machine, it's been running fine for some time but one day it just happened and I have no idea why
3. Yes it happened with betas as well

Last friday I left home, today I got back, turn my PC on and the bug was there again. I haven't touched AWM since the time I installed final v5.

AWM v6.5 B2, REGISTERED

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/13/2008 01:09:30

Please try to better trace the steps which lead to the bug.  

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register