Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Getting Title Buttons to appear in Microsoft Edge , Attempting to control placement and size of Microsoft Edge » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7747

Glenn Wilcox

Posted: 03/03/2018 22:03:11

Does anyone know how to get AWM 8.11.3 to work with Microsoft Edge (41.16299.248.0)?  I tried creating a rule to add the following items to the Title Bar: Align, Resize and Move to Monitor.  I used the 'Target Window' function to attempt this to no avail.  I would like to be able to control the size of the window when it opens and optionally be able to move it to a different monitor.

Window Rule Settings-
Window Class: Windows.UI.Core.CoreWindow | Program: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe

I am using 64-bit Windows 10.1709.16299.248 on a Microsoft Surface Book 2, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD, with additional monitor (ASUS V278Q @1920x1080) connected to Surface Dock. Also attached a screenshot of the rule.

Anyone have any suggestions etc...

Kind Regards,
Glenn

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/12/2018 21:37:54

Hello, Glenn

When you launch the Edge browser, several processes start that belong to the browser. But when you specify the Target Window criteria of the specific settings for Edge, you need to specify parameters of the particular process in order for the settings are applied to the window. If you select wrong process of many processes associated with Edge, the settings won't be applied to the Edge window (which, I suppose, happens in your case). I'd recommend you to use the Crosshair tool to fullfill the Target Window criteria fields instead of selecting the process from the list. Just drag the crosshair to the Edge window, and release it – the criteria fields will be filled with correct values and the settings will be applied to the window as soon as you apply the changes both in the specific settings window and in the main configuration window.

Best regards.

Glenn Wilcox

Posted: 03/25/2018 00:37:04

Well I tried your suggestion Bogdan and I simply CANNOT get the Edge Browser to work as your described.
It sounds simple enough.  I also tried a specific window caption and could not get it to work.

Kind Regards,
Glenn

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/28/2018 00:40:06

Glenn,

Is the Default Settings enabled in Actual Window Manager (AWM Configuration module > Window Settings > Default Settings)? If no, then enable them temporarily, hit Apply. Then open the log window (AWM tray icon context menu > Show log window) and check the "Enable logging" checkbox. Open Edge browser, and see, what settings were applied to the window (Rule/Exclusion name column). Are they the settings you try to use for Edge?

If no new items appear in the list of window when you open Edge, then tell us how exactly you open it? Do you open it in the "Run as administrator" mode?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register