Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Inactive Scroll in AMM not consistent , Some apps don't scroll, some do, some only partially » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5067

Mike Wells

Posted: 02/23/2018 23:50:13

Hi,

I am a relatively new AMM user, been demoing it for awhile, just bought it and I'm finally setting it up. I've noticed that the 'In active Scroll' feature is not consistent. Currently, I have 6 items open:
Chrome(Monitor 1)
Microsoft Teams(Monitor 2)
Outlook 2016(Monitor 2)
Slack(Monitor 2)
OpenScape Contact Center(Monitor 2)
Win 10 Task Manager(Monitor 2)

Chrome and Slack scroll just fine. I hover over and start scrolling and they work. Slack scrolls both the user/team sidebar as well as the message pane. Teams scrolls pretty well, but switching fr om the sidebar to the main message pane takes a half a second before it starts scrolling, something I could live with. OpenScape is just a phone manager, so it is a small window wh ere there is no scrolling.

On Outlook, however, I can scroll through my message list, but the message displayed doesn't scroll. I have the view that has the Inbox/Folder list, followed by the list of messages(emails), followed by the previewed message itself. I don't have enough folders to scroll through, and the message list scrolls just fine, but I have to click into the email that is being previewed to get it to scroll.

Task Manager doesn't scroll at all unless I click into it. And once I do, I lose the Inactive Scroll feature in all of my other apps.

I'm running Win 10 Pro(64 Bit) and AMM v 8.11.3

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/09/2018 12:32:23

Hello, Mike

On Outlook, however, I can scroll through my message list, but the message displayed doesn't scroll.
It seems like there is a common problem with both "scroll inactive..." and usual scroll in the message area of Outlook - after Actual Multiple Monitors is started or stopped, you have to click the scroll bar of the message area one time in order for mouse scroll to start working in this area. Can you confirm this?

Task Manager doesn't scroll at all unless I click into it
Unfortunately, for now the "Scroll inactive windows..." feature doesn't work with Task Manager. We'll try to improve this feature so that it works in Task Manager. We'll post in this topic when the feature is improved.

And once I do, I lose the Inactive Scroll feature in all of my other apps.
Seems like Task Manager is not affected by Actual Multiple Monitors. This can be due to the feature "Support system utilities and administrative tools" was not enabled during the installation of AMM. Could you start AMM in the "Run as administrator" mode in order to check whether it is so - the Task Manager should be affected and the "Scroll inactive..." feature should work in other applications when Task Manager window is active. Let us know the result.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register