Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Restoring Minimized Window » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 14834

John Aquino

Posted: 01/13/2018 05:24:51

I am having an issue with AMM, when I use Solidworks. I have two monitors, and when I minimize Solidworks on the secondary monitor, then restore it, it moves to the primary monitor. This does not happen with Google Chrome. How can I fix this? I've been messing with the specific settings with no luck.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/19/2018 01:21:25

Hello, John

What OS are you running (version, 32- or 64-bit)?

What versions of AMM and SolidWorks are you running?

Are you talking about standard minimization to taskbar?

Does the problem depend on if the SolidWorks window is maximized to the monitor before minimization?

Best regards.

John Aquino

Posted: 01/19/2018 01:55:38

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, John

What OS are you running (version, 32- or 64-bit)?

What versions of AMM and SolidWorks are you running?

Are you talking about standard minimization to taskbar?

Does the problem depend on if the SolidWorks window is maximized to the monitor before minimization?

Best regards.
64 bit Windows 10.

I'm using AMM 8.11.2 and the 2015 edition of Solidworks.

Yes, standard minimization.
And actually, I hadn't noticed, but it works fine when it's not maximized. It only moves monitors when it's maximized, yeah. Does that change something?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/04/2018 19:27:12

Hello John,

Please follow these steps:
1. Exit Actual Multiple Monitors;
2. Enable taskbars on all displays in Windows 10;
3. Check whether you are able to reproduce the issue with Windows 10 native taskbars or not.

Could you also send us your configuration files with a link to this thread (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support)?

John Aquino

Posted: 02/09/2018 05:38:54

Vasiliy Ivachev wrote:
Hello John,

Please follow these steps:
1. Exit Actual Multiple Monitors;
2. Enable taskbars on all displays in Windows 10;
3. Check whether you are able to reproduce the issue with Windows 10 native taskbars or not.

Could you also send us your configuration files with a link to this thread (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support)?
It doesn't seem to have the same issue. I paused AMM, and minimizing the maxed window and clicking on it resulted in a maximized window in the same monitor in which it was currently residing.

That being said, pausing AMM while I had solidworks open caused it to freak out and freeze up.

I also had another problem with Google Chrome where opening a new instance was not reflected in the taskbar of my primary monitor. In other words, my taskbar did not show another window being open, but I could find it by minimizing  everything else until it was the only thing open. Clicking on it did not add it to the taskbar of instances. Closing all of my Chrome instances and reopening it seemed to fix the issue.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/14/2018 11:55:26

Hello, John

We were unable to reproduce the problem with SolidWorks.

Could you name the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

It only moves monitors when it's maximized, yeah.
By "maximized" you mean the standard maximized state which is enabled by the native Maximize button, not Full-screen mode?

Does this problem depend on whether any files open in SolidWorks? Could you check whether it happens with empty SolidWorks window?

Could you see whether this problem happens when there are no other windows in the system, just SolidWorks window.

Does the problem happen if you minimize the maximized SolidWorks window and then immediately restore it by clicking its taskbar button without clicking other windows or moving the mouse pointer to other monitor?

Does the problem depend on how you minimize/restore the window: via the native minimize button, via the taskbar button or via the Task Switcher?

I also had another problem with Google Chrome where opening a new instance was not reflected in the taskbar of my primary monitor.
Closing all of my Chrome instances and reopening it seemed to fix the issue.
Do you mean it was a one time problem? It didn't happen again?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register