New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 21 - 27 of 27
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «When using AMM programs lag when starting » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 86751

Michal Minář

Posted: 04/14/2018 18:03:41

Michal,

I'll provide you other suggestions a little bit later.

Hello again,

just wanted to report that I still experience the same issue with 8.12. Problem disappear when I use just one monitor which is still not acceptable to me.

Regards,
Michal

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/24/2018 20:52:33

Hello, Michal

just wanted to report that I still experience the same issue with 8.12
Could you change DPI settings for all monitors to 100% and see whether the problem persists in this case?

What mouse and keyboard do you use? Do you have any software for these devices installed in your system?

Best regards.

Michal Minář

Posted: 04/24/2018 23:27:41

Thank you Bogdan,

I'll try that sometime this week and let you know.
I have a SetPoint from Logitech up and running. I'll uninstall it and see if it helps.

Michal Minář

Posted: 04/28/2018 09:43:11

Hello Bogdan,

I tried your suggestion, uninstalled SetPoint, changed the DPI and disabled multi-taskbar. It made the desktop experience much better. The PC is usable for office work. But the tearing is still there and completely ruins gaming experience (tried just window mode - Witcher 1). Turning other monitors off again fixes the problem.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/29/2018 00:54:08

Michal,

It made the desktop experience much better.
Do you mean there are still some lags, that go away when you exit AWM?

I tried your suggestion, uninstalled SetPoint, changed the DPI and disabled multi-taskbar.
Could you try these actions separately to determine what exactly conditions influence the problem?

But the tearing is still there and completely ruins gaming experience
What do you mean by tearing?

Could you save your current AWM configuration – use the Backup tool to create the .zip configuration file (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Backup). You will be able to restore the configuration later from this file using the Restore tool in the same section of the configuration module. Then close AWM completely and go to %appdata%\Actual Tools and delete the Actual Window Manager folder to reset the gonfiguration. Does the problem with games persist with the default AWM configuration?

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/04/2018 13:16:33

Hello, gentlemen

I've sent a link to the test build to Dale and Per via private message. Could you install this version and see whether the problem persists?

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/16/2020 19:27:25

Hello, everyone

I'm glad to notify you that we've made some changes in our software that should improve the performance upon minimizing/maximizing full screen games and disabling/enabling monitors. The changes should eliminate or significanlty reduce the lags in these situations. The fix is available in the latest version (8.14.4) of Actual Window Manager and Actual Multiple Monitors.

Could you please try this version and let us know whether it improves the performance. You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version and install it manually. Even if your free updates period has expired, you still can use this version 30 minutes a day, which should be enough to check the improvement.

Best regards.

Messages 21 - 27 of 27
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register