Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Actual Window Manager 8.9.1 Win applications disappearing or not launching , Unable to launch applications & Windows disappear » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 13607

Dennis Stroble

Posted: 12/09/2017 00:26:21

I have a problem with Actual Window Manager 8.9.1 running on my Lenovo T450 laptop with Windows 10 which is connected to a dock and is also connected to two external monitors using a DVI and HDMI cable.

When I click on icons to open programs these programs don’t appear until I ALT-TAB to them.

Also, when I minimize program windows I am unable to reopen these programs by clicking on the icons in the task bar and have to ALT-TAB to these programs. Other times these open programs & existing documents are unable to be relaunched or refound.

This is a brand-new installation of Windows 10 and all Windows, Office 2016, and manufacturer updates and drivers have been installed. This issue only started occurring after the installation of Actual Window Manager 8.9.1. Actual Window Manager is registered.

What do I need to do to fix this issue?

Matthew Nelson Nelson

Posted: 12/09/2017 05:49:34

I am running Actual Multiple Monitors version 8.11.2 and have been experiencing an issue.  When I start working with CPU/Memory heavy apps all of my windows disappear. I can Alt-Tab through them but can't pull them up again and have to restart.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions to correct this issue.

Thanks!
Matthew

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/11/2017 15:26:15

Hello, gentlemen

Dennis,

Does this problem persist all the time Actual Window Manager is running or at some periods (like Mattew Nelson describes the problem - when working with CPU/Memory heavy apps)?

When I click on icons to open programs these programs don’t appear until I ALT-TAB to them.
Does it happen with all programs or with some particular ones? Could you specify the programs you have this problem with?

Are the programs displayed in any way (for example as taskbar buttons)? Or there are no signs that the programs are open at all?

Where do the applications appear (on what monitor and in what position)? Do they appear in their usual position?

Also, when I minimize program windows I am unable to reopen these programs by clicking on the icons in the task bar
What programs have you noticed this problem with? The same programs, as have the first problem?

Other times these open programs & existing documents are unable to be relaunched or refound.
Could you clarify this?

Could you name the exact number of your Windows 10 build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

Could you temporarily install the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.11.2 and see whether the problem persists in this version?

Matthew,

Could you name the exact number of your Windows 10 build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

When I start working with CPU/Memory heavy apps all of my windows disappear.
What are these programs?

What is your monitors layout and what interfaces you use to connect the monitors to the computer (DVI, HDMI etc)? Do you use USB video adapters or a docking station?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register