New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 31
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Massive CPU usage after installation of Windows 10 Fall Update » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 139794

Christian Cutura

Posted: 11/22/2017 16:23:45

Hello,

yesterday I installed the Windows 10 Fall update. After that, Actual Window Manager occupies a huge amount of CPU time and the whole Windows system is very slow. When I stop Actual Window Manager my system operates normally again.

Is this behavior known or is this only on my machine?

Regards,
Christian Cutura

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/22/2017 18:16:04

Hello, Christian

yesterday I installed the Windows 10 Fall update. After that, Actual Window Manager occupies a huge amount of CPU time and the whole Windows system is very slow.
Some users of our software have encountered this problem. For now we haven't managed to figure out what exactly causes this.

What values of CPU parameter the Actual Window Manager processes have?

Could you try to disable the Multi-monitor taskbar feature and see whether it solves the problem?

Best regards.

Christian Cutura

Posted: 11/22/2017 20:55:45

Hello Bogdan,

it is really weird. When I start AWM the task goes up to 25% CPU. Meanwhile the Windows taskbar does not react (up to 5 minutes). The CPU value for the task "Windows Explorer" goes also up to 25%.
After this 5 minutes the CPU value goes down and I can, more or less, work.

Then I clicked on the AWM icon to start the config to disable some things. The CPU for AWM and Windows Explorer went up to 25% for 10 minutes again. After that the config screen was shown.
Amongst other things I disabled the Windows taskbar feature and clicked "Apply".

Then I clicked on "Kontrollzentrum" (sorry I have  a German version). The result was a freeze of the program up to 10 minutes. After the freeze I paused AWM via the button and all worked as expected and performant.

When I start AWM the whole system lags. When I stop or pause AWM everything is ok.

I hope that helps  :)

Regards,
Christian

Christian Cutura

Posted: 11/23/2017 14:56:22

Hello Bogdan,

just for information:
I switched back to the last Windows version. I was unable to work with the new "Fall update".
My browsers (Firefox and Opera) took up to 2GB on RAM, the startmenu did not work, and so on. Even Edge did not work anymore.

Now I'm back on the previous Windows version and the system works as expected.
I hope Microsoft gets it under control and I don't want to be a beta tester for Microsoft!!

Regards,
Christian

Markus Boerner

Posted: 11/24/2017 14:28:25

Have same Problem like User Cutura, with High CPU and thats working with ActualMonitors on is very slow.Have write Support too, but solution and test dont Change it.

Intel i7-4Gen 8GB Win10ProFC

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/29/2017 03:09:22

Hello, Markus

Have write Support too, but solution and test dont Change it.
Do you mean you tried to disable the Multi-monitor taskbar feature and see whether it solves the problem? If you didn't, could you try to do it?

Could you specify the exact Intel CPU model name?

Best regards.

Leonardo Castro

Posted: 11/29/2017 09:10:55

I installed Actual Monitors after the W10 update and came here precisely looking for a fix to the CPU usage issue. More annoying to me than anything.

I got 5-8% constant CPU usage on a single bar, 8-13% with both. During testing (turning them on/off multiple times) the exe is now at 2-3% with both on. Off and on again and now at 6-8% with both bars on.

Turning the bars off DOES work for me and CPU usage drops to 0%.

It typically takes 15-30+ seconds for the app to open while pegging one core, which is an eternity for this machine.

There's definitely lag dragging windows when any taskbar is on.
Seems like this thing isn't multithreaded and is choking on tasks.

Specs:
(Laptop) i7-7700K @ 4.5Ghz, GTX-1080, 17" 4k main screen and 2 x 1080 21" LCDs as screens 2 and 3.
W10 Home, up to date.

Any other info I can provide or tests I can run, let me know.

EDIT: I have a procmon dump of the process "idling high", then me turning the toolbars off and it "idling low (at 0%)". PM or e-mail me if you'd like it.

Peter Humphrey

Posted: 11/29/2017 22:42:43

Same problem here. Computer basically useless when Actual Windows Manager is running and works a charm when paused or closed. Also running fall-update here.
PS - love AWM, but needs to be fixed :)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/30/2017 01:29:48

Hello, gentlemen

Actual Window Manager occupies a huge amount of CPU time and the whole Windows system is very slow.
I'm glad to tell you that the subject issue has been already fixed and the fix will be available in the next beta version of the program which will be released one of these days and will be available here. For now, as workaround, you can disable the notification area on Actual Tools product's taskbars (taskbar context menu > Taskbar Parts > Show the notification area).

Best regards.

Louka Outrebon

Posted: 12/06/2017 21:30:41

Hello,

I have the problem as well and I can confirm that 8.12 beta 1 does not fix the problem. Morever I can't find the

" Show the notification area" settings

And this has started since Fall Creators update.

Thank you for your help!

Messages 1 - 10 of 31
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 3, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register