Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[CONFIRMED] AMM Hangs Visual Studio 2017 Exit » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6860

Nelson Lopes

Posted: 11/21/2017 01:35:08

I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Professional and when I exit the IDE, it simply hangs and will not exit.  I have searched online and found where MS has looked into this and found that the AMM process might be causing this.  I have confirmed that if I exit AMM and do NOT run it, then Visual Studio exits quickly and perfectly.

Can you please confirm this issue and either correct it or let me know how to have AMM function correctly with VS2017.  Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,
Nelson

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/22/2017 19:54:14

Hello, Nelson

I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Professional and when I exit the IDE, it simply hangs and will not exit.
This is a known problem. We'll try to fix it and will post in this topic when it's fixed.

What version of AMM are you running?

How exactly you close Visual Studio - via the close button or via File > Exit?

The close button should work correctly, if you disable AMM title buttons for Visual Studio window in the settings that are applied to it (Default Settings, or Specific Settings for Virtual Studio if you created them > Title Buttons section). If you don't have specific settings for Visual Studio, I advise you to create them, so that title buttons were disabled for this window separately. Here is the article explaining how to create specific settings.

Best regards.

Nelson Lopes

Posted: 11/28/2017 02:01:17

Thank you Bogdan.  I usually close Visual Studio via the close button in the upper right corner of the window.  Neither that or the File -> Exit worked for me.  I went ahead and added Visual Studio to the "Exclusions" in AMM and it's working okay now.  Hope you are able to resolve it in the next update.  Thanks again.

Best regards

Jeremy Caron

Posted: 02/27/2018 22:37:20

For what its worth, I am encountering this same problem.  It affects all versions of Visual Studio from 2010-2017.  I'm on Win 10 Enterprise x64.

The only way I can kill VS is to do "taskkill /F /IM devenv.exe" in cmd (now saved as a .bat file for easy access).  Not fun.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/11/2018 09:55:30

Hello, Jeremy

We haven't managed to fix the issue yet, but we'll try to fix it and will post in this topic when it's fixed.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register