Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] Move to... advanced placement window question » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4390

Chris Collins

Posted: 11/15/2017 23:47:15

Ok, so when I have 3 monitors, and right-click on the title-bar of a window, I get the "Move to..." option.

User added an image

When I choose it, a small Move to window pops up, and allows me to specify the alignment and position of where i want to move the window.

User added an image

This option does not appear with 1 or 2 monitors.
How do I enable it?

AMM ver: 8.10.2
Win 7 Pro x64 (With SP1)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/17/2017 00:07:19

Hello, Chris

Ok, so when I have 3 monitors, and right-click on the title-bar of a window, I get the "Move to..." option.
This option does not appear with 1 or 2 monitors.

This option appears as Move to Monitor 1 or Move to Monitor 2, when there are only two monitors, and disappears when there is only one monitor (as there are no monitors to move to from monitor one).

Although, with two monitors the "Move to" window is still available. You can either access it via the hotkey "Show the "Move to specific monitor" dialog" (Configuration module > Hotkeys > Actions > Multiple Monitors hotkey group) or via the right click on the "Move to monitor" title button (It can be enabled in the "Title Buttons" section of Default Settings/particular Specific Settings in the configuration module).

Best regards.

Chris Collins

Posted: 11/20/2017 22:23:48

Thank you for the answer.

I wasn't able to do the hotkey method, but understand how people with two fully functioning hands would find it rather handy (pardon the pun).

However, your tip for Right-Clicking the "Move to Monitor" Title Button worked like a charm.  :)

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register