New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 21 - 30 of 74
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last 

Topic: «awm causing major performance problems , browsing in windows explorer bad when running awm » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 321183

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/29/2017 13:09:38

Bob,

Problem similar to the one described in this topic has been fixed recently. The fix is available in the current beta version 8.12 beta 1. But I'm not sure whether you have this particular problem, so I asked you to disable the notification area to check whether it's this problem.

Could you temporarily disable the notification area or install the beta version and see whether it helps.

BobTheBuilder

Posted: 12/30/2017 23:54:16

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Bob,

Problem similar to the one described in this topic has been fixed recently. The fix is available in the current beta version 8.12 beta 1. But I'm not sure whether you have this particular problem, so I asked you to disable the notification area to check whether it's this problem.

Could you temporarily disable the notification area or install the beta version and see whether it helps.

No, still happening. The whole system slows down until I close Actual Window Manager down. Once I close it, system is back to normal performance.

BobTheBuilder

Posted: 12/30/2017 23:57:13

And this was with disabling the notification area. I didn't see the "Switch audio playback to device" option.

Steve Archer

Posted: 01/04/2018 03:17:44

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, Steve

Could you send us your AWM configuration files with configuration you currently have using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please add a link to this topic to the email.

Sent

I have been having the same issue with performance under the Fall update on windows 10.
Could you describe the problem you've initially reported about more detailed? As a p described the problem detailed, and I'm not sure how many things are common between these two problems.

Not sure what you're looking for here I have mentioned all that I have noticed. I use this PC heavily during the day with multiple programs at a time. I can tell you that when I returned from vacation yesterday I rebooted the machine and all was fine until mid day today then I started to experience the slowdown and high AWM cpu again. I typically do not reboot the machine for weeks at a time. I will reboot in the morning and see how it runs tomorrow.

What was the common CPU usage in the Task Manager when the problem persisted?
Total CPU usage when this occurs is between 60% and 80%

Found some improvement by disabling the switch audio playback tile button.
Have you disabled it in Default or in some Specific Settings?

Does the problem return if you disable the exclusion for Internet Explorer now, when the "Switch audio playback to device" button is disabled?

I will have to try it.

Have you tried to exclude Excel from processing by AWM? Does it help?
My recollection is that it did not help.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/16/2018 16:51:46

Hello, gentlemen

Sorry for the delay.

Could you provide your PCs' specifications?

Could you also open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc combination), reproduce the issue and see what processes have the greatest values of the CPU and Memory parameters (in Windows 8 and 10 - the Details tab) when the CPU consumption in the system is high. Please, provide us the names of these processes and CPU consumption values.

Does the restart of the system solve the problem temporarily?

Steve,

then I started to experience the slowdown and high AWM cpu again
Could you please clarify the status of the problem? Previously, you wrote that you were able to find some improvement by excluding Internet Explorer and by disabling the switch audio playback tile button and the problem appeared mostly when you launched Excel. Do you mean the problem appeared that time witout Excel launched and despite the steps you've taken?

Could you return the setting you had before you took the steps (excluding Internet Explorer and disabling the switch audio playback tile button) to fully reproduce the problem, then take the steps one-by-one and see how exactly each step reduces the CPU consumption?

I will reboot in the morning and see how it runs tomorrow.
Have you tried to reboot? What is the result?

Does the problem return if you disable the exclusion for Internet Explorer now, when the "Switch audio playback to device" button is disabled?
I will have to try it.
Have you managed to try this?

Bob,

And this was with disabling the notification area. I didn't see the "Switch audio playback to device" option.
For now this feature is available in beta versions only. You could try to disable it, if you'd had this problem with beta version.

Best regards.

Grant Kim

Posted: 01/28/2018 16:08:30

I have the same issue too with version 8.11.3 on Windows 10 1709 (16299.192).
Pause AWM won't fix the problem, the only way to fix this issue is turning AWM off.

Including that, this performance issue affects some games like; fast mouse movement results in huge fps drops.

Here are some of the performance issues that I have experienced so far:
1. Mouse and GDI draw lag on starting some program including windows boot. Which makes computer almost unusable until it finishes.
2. Game performance lag, especially with high polling rate (>=1000Hz); massive fps drops on moving cursors.

Here is my system information:
O/S: Windows 10 AMD64 1709 16299.192
CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
RAM: 128GB DDR4
VGA: NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti
SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB

Jim McClintock

Posted: 02/02/2018 08:02:31

Having same problem - AWM using 4-8% of CPU, slowing down machine and causing lags in a way that no other program has ever done to this machine.

Product: AWM 8.11.2 (not paying for update until I know this issue is resolved)
OS: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299.192
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K (six dual cores)
RAM: 32 GB DDR3

Please advise regarding fix. Should I also report/request assistance via support email, or will this get the job done?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/07/2018 11:06:57

Hello gentlemen,

There is a problem with CPUs that has more than 4 cores/threads. Unfortunately it's not figured out yet what exactly causes the problem appearing. However, it seems there is a workaround.

Grant and Jim, please follow these steps and inform us about your results:
1. Run the AffinityMaskAIM.reg file (download link - http://actualtools.com/hfiles/hidden/AffinityMaskAIM.reg );
2. Restart Actual Window Manager and check whether the issue persists or not.

Nils Nilsson

Posted: 02/08/2018 17:56:46

So, has anyone tried this latest fix? Evaluated the software a few months ago but since the performance was so bad it never got past that. Using Windows.10.Virtual.Desktop.Enhancer.0.11.1 for now but wouldn't mind a commercial solution with more options if it worked fine.

Nils Nilsson

Posted: 02/08/2018 17:58:49

Vasiliy Ivachev wrote:
Hello gentlemen,

There is a problem with CPUs that has more than 4 cores/threads. Unfortunately it's not figured out yet what exactly causes the problem appearing. However, it seems there is a workaround.

Grant and Jim, please follow these steps and inform us about your results:
1. Run the AffinityMaskAIM.reg file (download link - http://actualtools.com/hfiles/hidden/AffinityMaskAIM.reg );
2. Restart Actual Window Manager and check whether the issue persists or not.

Does this mean actual cores or virtual ones since many modern CPUs have 4 actual and 8 virtual cores?

Messages 21 - 30 of 74
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 3, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register