Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Actual Virtual Desktops , How-to » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5268

Gnef Ster

Posted: 10/27/2017 23:03:16

I am looking for a virtual desktop solution and have downloaded the trial.  I have some windows that do not go away when switching between desktops and they remain on all desktops at least until I click a different window on the desktop.

For example, I have 3 windows type A on the main desktop and 3 windows type B on a second desktop.  The windows are assigned to individual desktops (not show on multiple).  The windows on the type B desktop will remain on the screen when I switch to the main desktop.  These windows do not have the desktop switcher menu so I suspect they are different (older type application, maybe).  I thought during installation that there was a way to make any window behave appropriately, but it required a reboot.  I can't find that option now (I guess reinstallation may be an option).  

1) Is there an option to force all windows to behave appropriately
2) How do I enable it without reinstalling?

Also, I've noticed my mouse performance is quite laggy when starting these older type applications.  Does this go away when this setting is forced?

And I've noticed (after setting futzing) that when I restart the application, they show up on all desktops.  I do not have this checkbox checked.  Other applications show up just on a single desktop.

Thanks,
Mark

Gnef Ster

Posted: 10/27/2017 23:35:07

That setting available at installation worked.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/30/2017 13:57:01

Hello, Gnef

Apparently, the windows that appeared in all virtual desktops and didn't have the desktop switcher menu just weren't affected by Actual Virtual Desktops until you've enabled the "Support system utilities and administrative tools" option. Do you start these programs in the "Run as administrator" mode or as different user?

The option "Support system utilities and administrative tools" is available only during installation of the program, but if you haven't enabled the option, you can start Actual Tools program in the "Run as administrator" mode and the applications will be affected as if the option was enabled.

Also, I've noticed my mouse performance is quite laggy when starting these older type applications.
Does this problem still persist? Could you describe it more detailed?

And I've noticed (after setting futzing) that when I restart the application, they show up on all desktops.  I do not have this checkbox checked.  Other applications show up just on a single desktop.
Does this problem still persist? Could you clarify the problem?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register