Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «How to get a start menu on second monitor also? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 13986

yuppi cide

Posted: 10/24/2017 09:42:44

I have had Actual Window Manager working for awhile now with Windows 7 and now Windows 10. However, I just upgraded Windows from version 1607 to 1703 and it reset some of my software settings.

I have the second monitor working.. it's just an extension of the first.. how do I get the second monitor with a functioning start menu as well? I can't figure it out.

yuppi cide

Posted: 10/24/2017 10:39:17

I forgot to mention I own 8.9.1

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/24/2017 16:45:33

Hello, yuppi

Do you have taskbar on the second monitor? Is this Actual Window Manager taskbar (taskbar context menu should differ from the system taskbar context menu)?

If yes, then see whether the "Show the start button" option is enabled (taskbar context menu > Taskbar parts > Show the start button).

If it's a system taskbar on the second monitor or there is no taskbar at all, then see whether the "Multi-monitor taskbar" option is enabled (Configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Multi-monitor taskbar).

Also try the "Unhide taskbars" button (resides in the same section of the configuration module).

Let us know the results.

yuppi cide

Posted: 10/25/2017 01:09:59

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, yuppi

Do you have taskbar on the second monitor? Is this Actual Window Manager taskbar (taskbar context menu should differ from the system taskbar context menu)?

If yes, then see whether the "Show the start button" option is enabled (taskbar context menu > Taskbar parts > Show the start button).

If it's a system taskbar on the second monitor or there is no taskbar at all, then see whether the "Multi-monitor taskbar" option is enabled (Configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Multi-monitor taskbar).

Also try the "Unhide taskbars" button (resides in the same section of the configuration module).

Let us know the results.

Ok, here's what I found. The 2nd monitor was AWM's taskbar. However the 1st monitor (default display) was Windows taskbar. So, I used the option "Replace the system taskbar" and now I have AWM's taskbar on both monitors, but I have no start menu on either monitor now.

"Show the start menu" is checked off. Meaning it has a check mark.

yuppi cide

Posted: 10/25/2017 04:19:48

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/25/2017 18:53:42

yuppi,

So, I used the option "Replace the system taskbar" and now I have AWM's taskbar on both monitors, but I have no start menu on either monitor now.
I can confirm this problem persists with Actual Window Manager 8.9.1 in Windows 10.

This problem doesn't persist with the latest version 8.11.2, so it's a problem of compatibility between AWM 8.9.1 and newer version of Windows 10. I only can advise you to update your license and use the latest version of Acual Window Manager.

Best regards.

yuppi cide

Posted: 10/26/2017 08:08:01

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
yuppi,

So, I used the option "Replace the system taskbar" and now I have AWM's taskbar on both monitors, but I have no start menu on either monitor now.
I can confirm this problem persists with Actual Window Manager 8.9.1 in Windows 10.

This problem doesn't persist with the latest version 8.11.2, so it's a problem of compatibility between AWM 8.9.1 and newer version of Windows 10. I only can advise you to update your license and use the latest version of Acual Window Manager.

Best regards.

Alright, thanks for the reply. I should note that before the update my system worked fine. I was running version 1607 or something and now it's upgraded to 1703.

Once I get money I'll do the update as I'm broke until next week.

yuppi cide

Posted: 10/28/2017 06:29:31

I had to uninstall until I can afford to upgrade. I actually can't even use it anymore.

What started happening is the time clock in Windows turned white. Also, you know if you have more than one instance or window of a software open it groups them together on the task bar? With more than one open and you over over them you can see 2 windows, but they're in white and you can't select either.

But what really just started is I turn on both monitors.. windows login displays on primary monitor #1 (left). After logging in only monitor 2 shows a picture. I have to turn monitor 1 off and then on to get a picture.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/30/2017 20:05:17

yuppi,

What started happening is the time clock in Windows turned white. Also, you know if you have more than one instance or window of a software open it groups them together on the task bar? With more than one open and you over over them you can see 2 windows, but they're in white and you can't select either.
These are incompatibility problems between older version of AWM and new version of Windows 10.

But what really just started is I turn on both monitors.. windows login displays on primary monitor #1 (left). After logging in only monitor 2 shows a picture. I have to turn monitor 1 off and then on to get a picture.
It doesn't seem like a problem caused by Actual Window Manager, unless you had a desktop profile in AWM where one of the monitors was turned off and the profile was set to activate automatically. Did you have any desktop profiles?

Could you make sure that the problem is associated with AWM – have it gone after you had uninstalled AWM?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register