Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] Recover damaged config after power fail » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6211

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 09/01/2017 20:34:03

Just had a power failure (including running the UPS down) and the machine didn't shut down cleanly. Mostly OK, but the AWM configuration got mangled somehow. I'm wondering if it's possible to reconstruct...

I have an exported config file from a few weeks ago, but it doesn't have the latest pinned apps I'd set up.

I have an export of the current (damaged) config with _no_ pinned apps, and different taskbar settings.

In the export of the damaged config, there is no RegistryRedirection folder, and I'm guessing that's integral to the pinned apps?

I _do_ have a regular file backup of the machine from last week, but not sure if the AWM config is hidden in there somewhere?

So, my question is, is it possible to transplant pinned apps from either a regular file-based backup? Or do I just need to bite the bullet and start again setting them up?

Tx,

Dave.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/06/2017 20:22:40

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the post.

Please send us your current configuration using the Send to Tech Support button (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) and attach your previous configuration (without pinned apps). We'll check if there is a way to restore the settings.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 09/06/2017 20:24:37

Ah - sorry, I already recreated them, and I don't have the saved config any more. Not to worry.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register