Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AMM 8.11.1 Scroll not working in Chrome , Mouse scroll wheel fails to function in Chrome » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 11330

Nelson Lopes

Posted: 08/31/2017 05:13:01

I'm using AMM v8.11.1 and have found that my scroll wheel in Google Chrome v60.0.3112.113 does NOT scroll down.  Strangely it will scroll a page up if I scroll the page down via the scroll bar.  I currently have the setting "Scroll inactive windows with the mouse" checked in AMM so that I can scroll windows (like File Explorer) when they are not active.  I do NOT have the option "Active window on mouse hover" as I do not want this functionality.

I have found that if I disable this feature, the mouse scroll wheel works great in Chrome!  With it enabled I cannot scroll a page down when the tab in Chrome has the focus. If it does not, it works. I hope you can replicate this bug and fix it as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
Nelson

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/01/2017 09:51:19

Hello, Nelson

What OS are you running (version, 32- or 64-bit)?

Does this problem persist only in Chrome?

Does scroll up action work in Chrome when scroll down scrolls a page up?

Could you send us your AMM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Please add a link to this topic to the email.

Best regards.

Nelson Lopes

Posted: 09/06/2017 10:32:20

Hello Bogdan,

I am using Windows 10 64-bit and the only application I have seen this mouse scrolling issue with is Chrome.  The scrolling up seems to work fine, it's just scrolling down does not work.

It seems the issue is related to having AMM setting "Scroll inactive windows with the mouse" enabled while ALSO having the Windows 10 setting for the same thing enabled!  This was not a feature in Windows 7 that I recall.

The issue seems to have been seen by other users and solved in the form here:

https://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=10&TID=4327

The way to view/modify this mouse scroll feature provided by the OS in Windows 10 is located here:

https://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=10&TID=4327

Turning OFF the option in AMM resolves this issue.  I believe a simple update to AMM is required which would follow and enable/disable this feature provided when using Windows 10 and use the feature in AMM with another OS is used.

Best Regards,
Nelson

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register