Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «System tray open on secondary monitor » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6315

Hunter Morris

Posted: 08/29/2017 05:23:22

I am having a problem where if I click an item in my system tray on my second monitor, it opens the window on the main monitor. This is literally the only problem I have had with this program. Any ideas? Another nitpick is the home button's larger size which might actually be a good thing. Any way to make it regular size? Thanks for any help.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/29/2017 21:09:24

Hello, Hunter

What OS are you running (version, 32- or 64-bit)?

What our product are you running (name, version)?

I am having a problem where if I click an item in my system tray on my second monitor, it opens the window on the main monitor.
What exactly items you click in the tray? Do you mean, their context menus open on wrong monitor?

What do you mean by home button?

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 09/01/2017 01:57:10

On Windows 7 I did not have this issue except for the date/time.

On Windows 10, both at home and on new laptop at work, I see this for almost all Microsoft programs in the notification area.  No matter what monitor I do this on, the context menu or information pops up on the primary monitor.

So far, all the other applications I have tested, that are not Microsoft, pop-up on the monitor I am currently working from.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/06/2017 19:30:10

Hello Chris,

Please send us your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support), list the Microsoft programs you mentioned (names, versions) and provide some examples of such context menus and pop ups (how to invoke them).

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 09/07/2017 02:44:03

Configuration files sent.  Since a reboot fr om my previous comment, the date/clock now opens on the appropriate monitor wh ere the mouse is active.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 (x64)

OS Version: 10.0.15063 Build 15063, station (x64)

Actual Tools Program Name: Actual Window Manager

Actual Tools Program Version: 8.11.1

Conflicting Program Name:

Conflicting Program Version: Touchpad, Touch Keyboard, Windows Ink Workspace, Volume Mixer, Network Neighborhood

Actions Required to Reproduce the Problem:   Windows 10, clicking on notification icon for any of the above listed conflicting programs, the icon does not open on the monitor with the cursor.  It only opens on the Primary monitor.  I actually found that the Touch Keyboard opens only on Monitor 2 when opened from any monitor, including Primary.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/08/2017 14:50:28

Hello Chris,

This is a known issue. It’s a system restriction. Unfortunately, we can’t find a way to avoid the restriction at the moment. We’ll try to inform you when the issue will be solved.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register