Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Taskbar mess up when I plug/unplug monitor » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 13482

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 08/19/2017 21:44:53

Hello,

I am writed you on email, but you still don't reply me. So I try it here.
I bought Actual Multiple Monitors on Steam and I have two problems. I am using two row tskbar
here is the image
User added an image
But when I set this on the Actual Multiple Monitors taskbar and do something (plug/unplug monitor, switch default monitor or do something in Actual settings) , taskbar allways messed up, here is the image.
User added an image
Open folders and apps moving to the right and its extremly small, so I must allways to unlock the taskbar and moves it to the right position.

And the second "problem" is, that I can't hide or turned off this feature on right click on desktop https://www.actualtools.com/windowmanager/help/userinterface/desktop_menu_extension.php . Is there any solution how to hide this?

Thank you in advance and I hope, that this problem is solvable.

I am using Windows 7 PRO x64bit

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/20/2017 18:59:40

Hello, Petr

I am using two row tskbar here is the image
But when I set this on the Actual Multiple Monitors taskbar and do something (plug/unplug monitor, switch default monitor or do something in Actual settings) , taskbar allways messed up, here is the image.
This is a known problem. We'll try to fix it and will post in this topic when the problem is fixed.

And the second "problem" is, that I can't hide or turned off this feature on right click on desktop
The option that enables or disables additional desktop context menu items is available only during the installation of the program.
But there is another way to manage these items - via the command prompt command "regsvr32". To disable the items open the command prompt and execute the command one of the following ways:

For 32-bit operating systems the command looks like this:
regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Actual Window Manager\ActualWindowManagerShellExtension.dll"

For 64-bit operating systems the command looks like this:
regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Window Manager\ActualWindowManagerShellExtension64.dll"

The path to .dll file and .dll file name depends on the name of the product. For example, if you're running Actual Multiple Monitors on 64-bit OS the command will look like this:
regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Multiple Monitors\ActualMultipleMonitorsShellExtension64.dll"

Best regards.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 08/21/2017 00:15:25

Thank you for your quick reply :) . Ok so I wait for the fix. I hope, that you will fix this soon :) .

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 12/17/2017 05:11:13

Hello,

so it's 4 months now. How far you are with the fix this problem? Thank you in advance.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/18/2017 13:28:22

Hello, Petr

We haven't managed to fix the issue, as there is no obvious solution for it and we have other high-priority tasks which are more important right now.
But we'll certainly start working on it again once we have enough time.

Best regards.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 01/05/2018 09:24:45

I know, but why is two rows taskbar works in previous versions of AMM? For example version 2.x or 5.x?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/18/2018 14:02:03

Petr,

But when I set this on the Actual Multiple Monitors taskbar and do something (plug/unplug monitor, switch default monitor or do something in Actual settings), taskbar allways messed up, here is the image.
I'm glad to notify you the problem has been fixed. The fix will be available in the next version of the program.

Best regards.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 01/19/2018 23:43:41

Wow, thank you :) . I look forward to it.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 03/03/2018 01:13:48

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Petr,

But when I set this on the Actual Multiple Monitors taskbar and do something (plug/unplug monitor, switch default monitor or do something in Actual settings), taskbar allways messed up, here is the image.
I'm glad to notify you the problem has been fixed. The fix will be available in the next version of the program.

Best regards.
Hello, when this version will release?
EDIT: Oh today was released, thank you :) . Now taskbar works perfectly.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register