Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Enabling Desktop Divider , Enabling Desktop Divider » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10765

Mojo Sea

Posted: 07/21/2017 03:51:33

Hello,

Runnging AWM 8.11 on Windows 10.  I've enabled Desktop Divider and defined custom tiles.  The issue is, it's not enabling.  I've applied the changes, restarted AWM and tried various things.  When I drag a window, the grid that I defined is not showing up.  Is there a trick to enable the feature?

Thanks,

-Mojo

Jonathan Neerup-andersen

Posted: 07/21/2017 04:13:48

Hello Mojo.

Could you please provide a picture of you settings?
The more pictures you are able to provide the better!

Also please press the windows key on your keyboard and type "winver" without the apostrophes.
This should show you current windows version which will he helpful as well.

Mojo Sea

Posted: 07/21/2017 04:57:01

Windows Version 1703 (Build 15063.483)

Setting images attached.

-Mojo

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/25/2017 19:23:52

Hello, Mojo

I was unable to reproduce the problem.

When I drag a window, the grid that I defined is not showing up.
What programs have you tried to use the Desktop Divider feature with? Are these windows processed by Actual Window Manager - do they have extra title buttons and/or extra menu items?

If yes, then whether there is the "Put into divider tile" button in windows' title bars and the "Put into..." item in window menus (right click on title bar)?

Have you tried to delete and create layout again?

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please add a link to this topic to the email.

Best regards.

Mojo Sea

Posted: 07/27/2017 05:09:12

I've tried Office 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel), Chrome, Edge, Thunderbird, etc.

The windows/apps do not have extra title buttons or menu items.

And, yes I've deleted and re-created a new layout.

I sent my config to Tech Support on 7/24.  I can resend it again. Zip files are not allowed as message attachments here.

Thanks,

-Mojo

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/31/2017 19:37:03

Mojo,

Apparently, Desktop Divider doesn't work because no settings of Actual Window Manager are applied to the windows you try to use Desktop Divider with. The Default Settings and most of the standard Specific Settings are disabled in your configuration. If you want Desktop Divider to work for windows, you need some settings to be applied to these windows. Why have you disabled the settings? Probably, it's enough to disable some option in settings, if you don't need it and not the whole settings.

Best regards.

Mojo Sea

Posted: 08/01/2017 03:39:37

I've had the same configuration for a couple years.  I disabled all the features that I don't want or use. What seetting(s) need to be enabled for Desktop Divider to work?

-Mojo

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/01/2017 20:27:32

Mojo,

In order for Desktop Divider to work when dragging windows, you need either Defaul Settings rule or Specific Settings rule to be applied to these windows.

Window rule is a fundamental element of any Actual Tools program. Window rules are used to define which windows should be processed and in what manner.

Default Settings rule - utilizes the feature options without specifying a particular target window. This category allows you creating a single, pre-defined "blanket rule" for the application of specific functions and features to any window regardless of its nature and properties;

Specific Settings rules - utilize both the feature options and target window components to configure the appearance and functionality of a particular window. You can create as many specific rules as you like, and you can modify or delete them freely at any time;

See the attached screenshot of your configuration. For example, you need to make Desktop Divider work with Chrome. But there's no active Specific Settings for Chrome – it's disabled. And Default Settings are also disabled. No settings are applied to Chrome. To make Desktop Divider work for Chrome, you need to enable any of these two settings. Although,  different features in the applied settings can be disabled.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register