New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 46
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[FIXED] Bad upgrade, please help » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 115710

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 06/23/2017 20:42:13

I have 3 PC's that I have AWM installed on.  Two of the PC's upgraded without issue.  The 3rd, my work PC, after upgrading from 8.10.2 to 8.11 has lost Tabbed Explorer and the notification area on my Actual Taskbar's.

-I have tried toggling the taskbar and notification area on/off.
-I have completely uninstalled, rebooted, deleted all folders (programdata, users\. .\appdata\roaming, program files (x86), etc) and then reinstalled.

Looking for some direction about what to do next.  Do I need to sumbit logs, or is this a known issue?  I tried searching and didn't find anything related.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 06/26/2017 18:28:02

Anybody?

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 06/27/2017 18:22:14

Don't all post at once.  LOL

So....is this place dead?  3 days with no response?  Awesome....just awesome.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/30/2017 09:03:33

Hello, Chris

Sorry for such long delay in replying to you.

What operating systems do you have installed on your three PCs?

has lost Tabbed Explorer
Could you describe this problem more detailed? Do you mean the feature enabled in the configuration module, but explorer windows still open separately, not grouped within container?

Have you tried to toggle the corresponding option (Configuration module > Files and Folders > Tabbed Explorer > Group Explorer windows...)?

About the problem with notification area: could you exit AWM and go to Registry editor (press Win+R, type "regedit.exe" in the Run window and press Run). Then delete the following registry value:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actual Tools\Actual Window Manager\Command Center\Plugins\MultimonTaskbar\taskbar_states
Start AWM and see whether it solves the problem.

Best regards.

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 06/30/2017 19:17:53

What operating systems do you have installed on your three PCs?
Win 7 Enterprise x64 on the one that is not working.
The other 2 are Win7 Ultimate x64 and Win10 x64 1703.

Could you describe this problem more detailed? Do you mean the feature enabled in the configuration module, but explorer windows still open separately, not grouped within container?
Lost tabbed explorer AND the notification area on the ActualTools taskbar.  Yes, the feature enabled in the configuration module, but explorer windows still open separately, not grouped.

Have you tried to toggle the corresponding option (Configuration module > Files and Folders > Tabbed Explorer > Group Explorer windows...)?
Copied from first post:
-I have tried toggling the taskbar and notification area on/off.
-I have completely uninstalled, rebooted, deleted all folders (programdata, users\. .\appdata\roaming, program files (x86), etc) and then reinstalled.
I also tried toggling the Group Explorer windows option on/off.

About the problem with notification area: could you exit AWM and go to Registry editor (press Win+R, type "regedit.exe" in the Run window and press Run). Then delete the following registry value:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actual Tools\Actual Window Manager\Command Center\Plugins\MultimonTaskbar\taskbar_states
Start AWM and see whether it solves the problem.
I completed this task and no change in result.  All my pinned programs and settings were gone so I know it reset this.

One other thing I found that is not working is Saved Desktop Icon Order.  I click to save but nothing ever saves.  I checked Users\. .\AppData\Roaming\Actual Tools\Actual Window Manager\DesktopIcons and nothing ever saves there anymore.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/03/2017 13:29:05

Chris,

Could you try to enable the "Replace the system taskbar" option (Configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Replace the system taskbar) and see whether AWM taskbar replaces the system taskbar.

Could you when the "Replace the system taskbar" option is disabled, enable the "Recycle Bin" option for the system taskbar (in the same section of the configuration module) and see whether the Recycle Bin icon appears on the system taskbar.

Could you disable the "Group Explorer windows..." option and see whether AWM extra title buttons appear in title bars of explorer windows (first make sure that the buttons are enabled in the settings applied to explorer windows – Default Settings should apply to explorer windows if you didn't create Specific Settings for them).

Let us know the results.

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 07/05/2017 18:41:34

Could you try to enable the "Replace the system taskbar" option (Configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Replace the system taskbar) and see whether AWM taskbar replaces the system taskbar.
System taskbar was replaced, but same issue with no notifications area.

Could you when the "Replace the system taskbar" option is disabled, enable the "Recycle Bin" option for the system taskbar (in the same section of the configuration module) and see whether the Recycle Bin icon appears on the system taskbar.
Enablying "Recycle Bin" with the "Replace the system taskbar" option disabled does nothing.  No recycle bin appears.

Could you disable the "Group Explorer windows..." option and see whether AWM extra title buttons appear in title bars of explorer windows (first make sure that the buttons are enabled in the settings applied to explorer windows – Default Settings should apply to explorer windows if you didn't create Specific Settings for them).
Whether enabled or not, the AWM extra title buttons does not appear.  I verified default setting is enabled and no specific settings are defined for Windows Explorer.

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 07/10/2017 21:40:42

*crickets*

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 07/12/2017 20:57:32

Bogdan, anything else to try?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/12/2017 22:05:31

Hello, Chris

Sorry for the delay.

Do the Actual Window Manager title buttons appear in other windows? Do they appear in Notepad and in Actual Window Manager configuration module?

Best regards.

Messages 1 - 10 of 46
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register