Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[CONFIRMED] Issue with closing via X in some specific programs , Minimizing instead of closing does not work in Actual Windows Minimizer. » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 18675

Kirill Kirill

Posted: 06/03/2017 19:20:57

Hello, everyone. There is an issue with closing via X in some specific programs.

Issue is displayed in Actual Windows Minimizer. Minimize Window Manually -> Via Close button click feature does not work on some of the windows: Firefox and Chrome for example.Firefox and chrome close instead of being minimized when i click on cross. Although it seem to be working fine for Outlook and Oneote. Is this issue expected to be fixed?

Just in case:
Actual Window Minimizer 8.10.2
Win10Pro 64 15064.296
Chrome 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)
Firefox 53.0.3 (64-bit)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/04/2017 21:37:12

Hello, Kirill

I was unable to reproduce the issue. Are you sure, that correct Window Settings (where you enable the "Minimize Window Manually -> Via Close button" option) are applied to Chrome and Firefox windows?

To see what exactly settings are applied to particular window click the “Modify applied settings” title button (Wrench icon) and see the name of the settings in the appeared menu. What setting are applied to these windows?

If the correct settings are applied, and you still have this problem, then could you send us your Actual Window Minimizer configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please add a link to this topic to the email.

Best regards.

Kirill Kirill

Posted: 06/05/2017 03:34:44

Bogdan, thank You for your swift reply! Settings seem to be correct. I have attached screenshots below so you can see that for yourself.

User added an imagehttps://i.imgur.com/zKXZuc7.png
User added an imagehttps://i.imgur.com/eIgijXk.png
User added an imagehttps://i.imgur.com/wevUY6P.png

I also have send the logs to support.

Looking forward hearing from you if there anything i can do to fix this. Thank You!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/05/2017 23:30:04

Kirill,

The problem with Firefox is a known problem. We'll try to fix it and will post here when it's fixed.

But I was unable to reproduce the problem with Chrome. As I look at your configuration, I don't see Specific Settings for Chrome, plus the Default Settings are disabled, so the Chrome window is not affected by Actual Window Minimizer at all, this is why the Close button in Chrome works as usual.

If you want this feature to work for Chrome, you should create Specific Settings for Chrome again (as you deleted the standard Specific Settings for Chrome), then enable the feature in the settings.

Let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Best regards.

Kirill Kirill

Posted: 06/07/2017 00:46:57

Bogdan, thank You for your comment.

You are correct. Chrome setting is not present. I`ve tried chrome to make sure that that`s not just me but more of a bug and then deleted Chrome setting. Had same results with Chrome as I`ve had with a Firefox. So this could be not just a Firefox specific problem. Would be happy if You would fix Firefox issue.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/10/2017 08:57:18

Kirill,

Could you create Specific Settings for Chrome again and make sure it's applied to the Chrome window the way I've described above. Then enable "Minimize Window Manually -> Via Close button" option in the settings for Chrome and see whether there any problems with applying the feature to Chrome. Because, as I wrote above, I don't see any problems – the feature works fine with Chrome for me.

If there are still any problems, send us the configuration files again but make sure the settings for Chrome you're trying to apply are there this time.

Kirill Kirill

Posted: 06/12/2017 04:55:30

Bogdan,

I set up the chrome once again for the sake of experiment and chrome minimization via close button is working right now. Not sure what happened previous time but it`s working flawlessly with chrome as for now .

I would be really happy if you manage to solve the Firefox minimization issue.

And thank you for your previous swift replies!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/26/2021 14:36:07

Hello, Kirill

You wrote:
Minimize Window Manually -> Via Close button click feature does not work on some of the windows: Firefox

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version of Actual Window Minimizer 8.14.6 and our other products as well.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register