New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 12 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «aimemb.dll keeps crashing Firefox , AWM's aimemb.dll is causing Firefox to crash » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 53562

Jim Fraley

Posted: 07/09/2017 14:16:07

Do you mean the Memory parameter value also reached 2,000,000 K to 2,200,000 K only that time? Have you noticed, what the parameter's value was other times Firefox crashed?

Unfortunately, I have seen Firefox crash at various memory parameters from 1.2GB to 3GB. There does not seem to be a specific value at which the crash occurs. This seems to be very random.

Could you try to temporarily disable the add-ons and see whether the problem still persists?

I have disabled all add-ons and the crashes still occur. In fact, it seems that disabling the ad blocker causes Firefox memory usage to increase much more rapidly, which is when I observed the memory parameter reach just over 3GB. With no add-ons, the crashes did seem to occur more frequently, but they may be related to the increased memory usage. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be any specific value for the memory parameter that reliably crashes. Again, this is very random.

This issue is extremely difficult to pinpoint!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/22/2017 15:28:33

Hello, Jim

In your first message in this topic you provided a link to the Firefox dump information page, but the dump file is not available for downloading for us on the page. Could you send the Firefox dump file to uninstall@actualtools.com?

Could you also create a dump file in Visual Studio 2013, when in the debugging process. When the debugger breaks, go to Debug menu, select “Save Dump As…” and save dump selecting "Minidump with heap" as type. Send the dump file to uninstall@actualtools.com as well.

Best regards.

Messages 11 - 12 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register