Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Positioning Pop Up Window , Pop Up Windows Appears on Wrong Screen when Clicking On An Action » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7194

John Purdy

Posted: 04/27/2017 20:39:50

One of my main programs uses a dialer interface.  The pop up windows that asks which phone number to dial appears on the opposing screen instead of the same screen as the application.

How do I get the pop up to align with the host application?

Version:  8.9.1
Windows 10, 64 bit
Program:  ACT! Version 18.2
Windows:  Edge

John Purdy

Posted: 05/04/2017 01:48:17

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/05/2017 00:25:13

Hello, John

Sorry for the delay.

Could you try this: go to Configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Setting. Create a new Specific Settings by clicking the "Window with green plus sign" icon or Right click in the area of the list of Specific Settings > Add Window Rule. The window of the newly created settings will open with the Target Window tab open. Make the pop up window appear, then drag the crosshair from the Target Window section of the Specific Settings window to the pop up window and release it: target window criteria text fields should be filled automatically.
Then go to the Startup section of the Settings, enable the "Move to monitor" action and select the "Of parent window" as option for this action. Click Apply both on the Specific Settings window and the Configuration module window. See, whether the pop up window appears in correct monitor next time.

Best regards.

John Purdy

Posted: 05/11/2017 20:11:50

Thank you for the help.  Unfortunately, this didn't work because "Of parent window" was not an option.  Only opition is where the mouse pointer is[B]. I believe that may because during Windows 10 install I may have selected to have the mouse automatically go to options section of a pop up.

I don't remember where that change can be made, if that is the problem.

I've also noticed that there are no Actual Windows controls in the top bar on the screen as there are in all the other programs.  Could that be the problem?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/14/2017 06:10:17

Hello, John

What exactly our product are you running?

Thank you for the help. Unfortunately, this didn't work because "Of parent window" was not an option. Only opition is where the mouse pointer is.
Could you send us a screenshot depicting this option?

I've also noticed that there are no Actual Windows controls in the top bar on the screen as there are in all the other programs. Could that be the problem?
Do you mean the buttons didn't appear in all application windows or only in the pop-up windows?

Could you provide us step-by-step description of how to reproduce the issue, which also tells us how to bring these pop up windows.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register