Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Application Icon appears in every switcher window , how to stop application icons from appearing in all switcher windows » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6929

Jolly Wykoff

Posted: 04/18/2017 11:38:19

With some applications, if I add a rule to start an application in only one window, the application icon appears in ALL the switcher windows. An example is Taskmanager.
This is with windows 10 Creators update. But I was having the same problem with the update before creators.
For some applications, a configured rule will work. only one icon in the switcher windows.
For other applications, a configured rule will not work.

examples of the rule not working:
Process Explorer
Image for Windows
Adguard

I have noticed that if I close AWM then restart it, the Rules act correctly and only one icon appears in the switcher.

Does anyone know if AWM is supposed to be able to limit the switcher icon for an open application to one switcher windows only?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/19/2017 05:56:38

Hello, Jolly

What version of AWM are you running?

An example is Taskmanager.
Are you talking about the standard Windows Task Manager? I was unable to reproduce the issue with this window.

What mode of virtual desktops do you use – Classic or Independent (Configuration module > Virtual Desktops > Options)?

Are you talking about Process Explorer made by Sysinternals?

Are you talking about this Image for Windows application?

Could you specify the exact versions of the programs you have this problem with?

I have noticed that if I close AWM then restart it, the Rules act correctly and only one icon appears in the switcher.
Do you mean, the rules act correctly when the windows you have this problem with already open when you restart AWM? Or, do you mean, after restart of AWM the rules are applied correctly when you open any of these windows? Do you mean the problem appears only after the first start of AWM?

Are you always able to reproduce the problem with these windows (before restart of AWM) or the problem is intermittent?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register