Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Custom Hotkeys Stop Working , Custom Hotkeys Stop Working After a second virtual desktop is added » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 14149

Gary Rosner

Posted: 03/28/2017 01:51:39

I've been using keyboard custom hotkeys (ALT+1) to move windows to my INDEPENDENT AVD desktop. Has worked fine until today.
After adding a Actual virtual desktop to a secondary monitor (I now see 2 switcher windows), my hotkeys stop working. However, the "move to virtual desktop" menu option, appearing in my window title bar, continues to work.

If I remove the newly added Actual Virtual Desktop from my other monitor, the origianal hotkeys work again.
How can I enable multiple Actual Virtual Desktops and still have my hotkeys work as they did before.

Gary
PS I have emailed support my configuration.zip file.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 (x64)

OS Version: 10.0.14393 Build 14393, station (x64)

Actual Tools Program Name: Actual Virtual Desktops

Actual Tools Program Version: 8.10.1

Conflicting Program Name: N/A

Conflicting Program Version: N/A

Actions Required to Reproduce the Problem:
Add a Classic desktop with 11 different desktops Add hotkeys (Alt+1, Alt+2, etc.) Add another classic desktop Now ALL hotkeys stop working.
Remove newly added secondary AVD
Now all hotkeys work as before.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/30/2017 21:53:50

Gary,

This is a known problem, we'll try to fix it.

To avoid this behavior, please re-create all virtual desktops and begin to create them from the monitor with smaller number and then proceed to create desktops on the monitor with greater number. Avoid subsequent adding of desktops for the monitors with smaller numbers, when all your desktops are already created - this breaks the virtual desktop numbering and "Move to virtual monitor" hotkeys starts to work incorrectly.

Best regards.

Gary Rosner

Posted: 03/31/2017 06:12:30

The solution / workaround works perfectly.

Thanks!

Gary Rosner

Posted: 07/24/2017 22:24:48

I am wondering if any solution has been published for the aforementioned problem of custom hotkeys stop working? If not, is the time frame known for a fix?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/25/2017 20:12:39

Hello, Gary

We haven't managed to fix the issue, as for now there is no obvious solution for it and we have other high-priority tasks which are more important right now.
But we'll certainly start working on it again once we have time.

Also, there is no time frame for a fix.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/30/2018 04:04:01

Hello, Gary

You wrote:
After adding a Actual virtual desktop to a secondary monitor (I now see 2 switcher windows), my hotkeys stop working.

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed in the latest version of Actual Virtual Desktops 8.13.3 and some our other products as well.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register