Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[CONFD]Changing desktops doesn't display previously active application » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10672

tanglor

Posted: 03/09/2017 16:53:19

Hi,
I'm using Independent Virtual Desktops.
One virtual desktop with active Total Commander, Firefox and Evernote.
Second virtual desktop with Visual Studio, Eclipse and Adobe Reader.

I'm writing this post in Firefox. Then I'm changing desktop to second, where I bring Eclipse to front. Now I'm changing back to first desktop - Total Commander is active and visible.
Then again - I'm changing back to second desktop - Visual Studio is active and visible.

Now, when I close Total Commander - previously active application (like FF) is active and focused. Launching TC doesn't change this.
However - when I move TC to other desktop, it behave like previously - it keeps focused and active each time I change to where it stays. The same when I move FF to other desktop.
Even moving application to the same desktop triggers above behaviour.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/10/2017 01:24:17

Hello, tanglor

What OS are you running (version, 32- or 64-bit)?

What our product are you running (name, version)?

How exactly do you switch between the virtual desktops? Does it depend on if you switch using the hotkeys or if you switch by clicking the desktop in the Virtual Desktop switcher?

Now I'm changing back to first desktop - Total Commander is active and visible.
Do you mean the window is active or it is just in the front of other windows? Is the icon in the Virtual Desktop switcher marked (as when a window has focus)?

Does the problem depend on what window was put in the virtual desktop last and every application can "steal" focus this way OR only particular application can "steal" focus (Total Commander, Visual Studio)?

Best regards.

tanglor

Posted: 03/10/2017 13:55:18

Windows 10, 64b
Actual Window Manager 8.10.1

Changing desktop -> hotkey set on each Virtual desktop page, Win + 1,2,3,4,6,7
Moving application to other desktop -> Custom hotkey, Win+SHIFT +1,2,3,4,6,7

By visible and active I mean on top of others windows right after I change to given desktop.
Problem is with rather ALL of them - FF, Total Comander, Visual Studio, Eclipse, Slack, Outlook, Evernote. Only LAST windows which has been moved steals focus. If I move two windows to other desktop - last of them is 'stealing' focus and staying on top of others.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/13/2017 22:34:10

tanglor,

The problem has been confirmed. We'll try to fix it and will post here when the problem is fixed.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register