New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[FIXED] avd doesn't move certain windows via custom hotkey » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 29991

Josh Pratt

Posted: 02/21/2017 13:51:50

Actual Virtual Desktops 8.10.1
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I setup hotkeys to move windows between virtual desktops (by the way I had to recreate all of my desktops to get the hotkeys to actually move the windows, otherwise the window would just lose focus and still be on the original desktop) but some applications don't move no matter what. The windows file explorer is one that won't move. foobar2000 (v. 1.3.14) won't move either. With the windows file explorer, I can bring up the "move to specific window" menu with a hotkey but clicking on a desktop won't move it there, the window just loses focus. With foobar2000, using the "move to specific window" menu hotkey doesn't even bring up the menu.

Other programs like Google Chrome and the AVD configuration window move correctly.

Let me know if you need more information. Thanks!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/21/2017 17:55:59

Hello, Josh

I was unable to reproduce the issue with windows explorer - as i can see the "Move to virtual desktop" hotkeys work correctly for windows explorer for both Classic and Independent modes of Virtual Desktops.

With the windows file explorer, I can bring up the "move to specific window" menu with a hotkey
Are you talking about the "Move to specific virtual desktop" menu?

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please add a link to this topic to the email.

About the foobar2000 - most likely the foobar2000 window is not affected by Actual Virtual Desktops at all and this is why the hotkeys don't work. Please, see the FAQ section about foobar2000 program.

by the way I had to recreate all of my desktops to get the hotkeys to actually move the windows, otherwise the window would just lose focus and still be on the original desktop
Did you have to delete the Classic mode virtual desktops in order to make hotkeys work? There is a known problem, where the presence of the Classic mode virtual desktops prevents the hotkeys from working.

Josh Pratt

Posted: 02/21/2017 18:45:08

Are you talking about the "Move to specific virtual desktop" menu?
Yes.

Did you have to delete the Classic mode virtual desktops in order to make hotkeys work? There is a known problem, where the presence of the Classic mode virtual desktops prevents the hotkeys from working.
No, I had never used the Classic mode. Also, I just checked and I don't have any Classic mode desktops.

I just sent an email to support with my configuration.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/21/2017 22:24:24

Josh,

Do other hotkeys work correctly with Windows explorer?

As i can see, for now the Tabbed Explorer feature is enabled in your configuration, i.e. the explorer windows are grouped within the Tabbed Explorer window. Could you disable the feature and see whether the problem persists also for the separate explorer windows? The option is placed here: Configuration module > Files and Folders > Tabbed Explorer > "Group explorer windows..." option.

Best regards.

Josh Pratt

Posted: 02/21/2017 23:03:00

I can't seem to find that setting. Is that in AVD?

I have another program that moves and resizes windows with hotkeys and that works just fine with windows explorer. Also, I can copy and paste files/folders with hotkeys.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/22/2017 21:36:43

Hello, Josh

Sorry for inaccurcacy, I was talking about Actual Window Manager product. Actual Virtual Desktops doesn't have this feature.

The issue with Actual Virtual Desktops has been confirmed. We'll fix it and post here when it's fixed.

As we can see, there is no icon for the Windows explorer windows in the Virtual Desktop switcher. Can you confirm this?

Best regards.

Josh Pratt

Posted: 03/04/2017 10:31:35

I can confirm that the Windows explorer icon does not appear on the Virtual Desktop switcher.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/21/2017 22:31:16

Hello, Josh

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue (where AVD didn't recognize explorer windows) has been fixed in the latest version of Actual Virtual Desktops 8.11. Please cofirm the fix.

Best regards.

Josh Pratt

Posted: 06/22/2017 05:58:14

I can confirm that the issue has been fixed in the latest version. Thank you!

Brad Erickson

Posted: 10/28/2023 02:27:34

I have this same problem. I cannot use WIN-/  or  SHIRT-WIN-/  to move any file explorer windows or the Foobar2000 window. I believe there are other things that I can't move with these hot keys as well. I have the most recent Windows 11 update, by the way (Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621). I'd appreciate any help you can give me in making this work again, whether that means me changing a setting, or you guys releasing an update that fixes this problem.

Thanks so much!

Brad

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login