Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Prevent window from moving and rollout question » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5379

Wolfgang Mitterbucher

Posted: 02/15/2017 18:51:08

Hi,

i have two questions.
1. How can i prevent moving an application from display 1 to display 2 via mouse?
2. How can i rollout a configuration to clients (can this be done during the silent installation)?

Thanks,

bR
Wolfgang :?:

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/16/2017 16:08:33

Hello, Wolfgang

What our product are you running (name, version)?

Best regards.

Wolfgang Mitterbucher

Posted: 02/17/2017 14:33:22

Hi,

we are running Actual Multiple Monitors.

bR

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/19/2017 08:38:55

Wolfgang,

1. How can i prevent moving an application from display 1 to display 2 via mouse?
Are you talking about dragging a window with mouse? If yes, then there is no way to prevent dragging a window using Actual Multiple Monitors.
The Restrict Placement feature does this, but it's available only in the Actual Window Manager and Actual Window Guard products.

2. How can i rollout a configuration to clients (can this be done during the silent installation)?
Do you mean you need to set the same configuration to several computers? You can do this by creating a backup of the configuration you want to set to other computers using the Backup tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Backup) and the following loading of this configuration on other computers. You can load the configuration on other computers in one of the following ways:
1) Restore the configuration from the backup file using the Restore tool on each computer (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Restore);
2) Restore the configuration from the backup file using the restore program startup command line parameter. This way ease the process, if you need to set the configuration to many computers, as you don't need to manually specify the placement of the configuration file each time.

Unfortunately, this can't be done during the installation, only upon launching the program.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register