New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[FIXED] Moving windows to another virtual desktop » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 38142

tanglor tanglor

Posted: 02/08/2017 21:26:12

Hi,
Windows 10 Pro 64b, Actual Windows Manager 8.10
I've created bunch of virtual desktops which I switch with Win-1,2,3,4,....
I've added also keyboard action shortcut to move current window to selected virtual desktop - like Win+Shift+1,2,3,4,...

Despite above I can't force given window (like Firefox) to move to desired virtual desktop. I noticed only that Firefox lost focus (greyed title and icons in title bar).
How can I solve this?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/09/2017 23:30:15

Hello, Tanglor

I was unable to use Win+Shift+1,2,3,4 combinations to move windows to virtual desktops as this is a standard Windiows 10 shortcut which starts a new instance of the app pinned to the taskbar in the position indicated by the number. Do you mean this shortcut doesn't work as a standard Windows 10 shortcut for you?

Do you mean that these shortcuts do move other applications but don't work with Firefox?

Could you try to change the combination to Ctrl+Shift+1,2,3,4 and see whether it works? Such combinations work for me.

If this combination doesn't work for you, could you see whether other AWM hotkeys work with Firefox? Also specify the Firefox version.

Best regards.

tanglor

Posted: 02/10/2017 17:30:57

Hi,
First of all - I deactivated usage of Win + x keys by modifing HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\­Policies\Explorer NoWinKeys REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)

Secondly - after changing Win+Shift+x to Ctrl+Shift+x I still was unable to move app to different virtual desktop. The behaviour is visible on all apps (Skype, Firefox, Total Commander, etc). It's not limited only to FF.
Visible symptoms after shortcut pressed is lost of focus on current app and nothing else.

PS. Surprise, one keys combination worked Ctrl-Shift-4 which supposed to send App to dev (4th) virtual desktop, but sent app to mail (1st) virtual desktop.
I've sent my configuration file to Tech support.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/13/2017 15:09:04

tanglor,

I've also disabled the standard Windows 10 Win+Key combinations the same way as you did, but i'm able to use the "Move to virtual desktop" hotkeys with the combination Win+Shift+Number using your configuration without any problems.

Surprise, one keys combination worked Ctrl-Shift-4 which supposed to send App to dev (4th) virtual desktop, but sent app to mail (1st) virtual desktop.
I've noticed that in the configuration you've sent us the "Move to virtual desktop" hotkeys were set to move windows to the same virtual desktop. So, probably this is the reason why the windows weren't moved.

Please make sure that the hotkeys are adjusted correctly and each hotkey is set to move windows to the correct desktop ("Specified desktop" option of the hotkey). See whether it solves the problem.

If the problem still persists, then answer the following questions:
The behaviour is visible on all apps (Skype, Firefox, Total Commander, etc). It's not limited only to FF.
Do you mean that there are no windows which these hotkeys work for? Or do the hotkeys work for some windows?

Do any other hotkeys work for the specified windows (Skype, Firefox, Total Commander, etc)?

tanglor

Posted: 02/16/2017 00:22:49

Hi,
  • Virtual Desktops setting
    I've verified that shortcuts are set properly. I've checked destinations Virtual Desktops - in Applicaiton and in Ini file. They are correct. I mean - desktop_id in Options are valid
    Code
    <ob ject name="custom_hotkey_1" type="HOTKEYSTRIGGEROPTIONSITEM">
    <params>
    <param name="Enabled">-1</param>
    <param name="hotkey">Win+Shift+49</param>
    <param name="Custom"/>
    <param name="action_name">MoveToVirtualDesktop</param>
    <param name="action_kind">concrete</param>
    <param name="operation_name">MOVETOVIRTUALDESKTOP</param>
    <param name="desktop_id">5</param>
    <param name="switch">0</param>
    <param name="transient">-1</param>
    <param name="HK_Group">8</param>
    </params></object>

I've checked if those ID are correct - and they are present in VirtualDesktops.ini .
    Enabled param is with value -1 for all (strange, but this seem to mean that param is Active).
  • Applications not responding.
    Total Commander - looses focus (grey title bar), no virtual desktop movement, Win+Shift+4 shortcut sends app to first virtual desktop, while I expect to sent it to 4th, newly added Win+Shift+6 indeed send app to virtual desktop 6 (as I expect).
    Firefox - the same as above
    Outlook 2016 - the same as above
    Evernote - the same as above
    Microsoft Visual Studio - the same as above
  • keyboard shortcuts - changing to CTRL-SHIFT-x no difference

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/16/2017 18:23:07

Hello, tanglor

The problem has been confirmed. The prescense of Classic virtual desktops in the settings of Actual Windows Manager somehow shifts the Move to Virtual Desktops hotkeys sequence and it starts from the different shortcut (for example Win+Shift+4 shortcut sends app to first virtual desktop in your case).

We'll try to fix it.

If you don't need the Classic virtual desktops you can delete them and re-assign the hotkeys again. They should work correctly this time.

Best regards.

tanglor

Posted: 02/17/2017 14:44:52

I'm using Independent virtual desktops on two monitors. Two virtual desktops on laptop small and four on main monitor.
I'll removed ALL virtual desktops, set them to Independent, create new one - problem remain the same. This time only Win+Shift+6 works as expected (moving window to first virtual desktop on small laptop).

If you don't need the Classic virtual desktops you can delete them and re-assign the hotkeys again. They should work correctly this time.
I don't understand. Should I work with Classic virtual desktop?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/19/2017 13:04:59

tanglor,

There are two modes of Virtual Desktops in Actual Window Manager: Classic and Independent. There are different lists of desktops for each mode. In the configuration you've sent us there are four desktops in the list of Classic mode Virtual Desktops. See the screenshot of my current configuration to see what list I'm talking about. Are there any desktops now in this list in your configuartion? Try to delete all of them so that this list was clear and see whether the hotkeys work correctly this time.

tanglor

Posted: 02/20/2017 22:59:18

Hi,
I removed all existing virtual desktops created in Classic and Independent mode. Then recreated them in Independent mode only. And not keyboard shortcuts works.

For all applications except Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (v 15.023) - in this app there aren't visible icons in title bar.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/23/2017 12:05:10

Hello, tanglor

Please see the following section of the FAQ and check whether the disabling of the protected mode solves the problem.

Best regards.

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register