Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Act. Multiple Monitors 8.10 / HUGE MOUSE CURSOR LAG , The mouse start lagging when I open various software/windows » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 27354

Tom Ollier

Posted: 02/07/2017 02:36:48

Hello everyone!

I'm experiencing a very annoying bug with Actual Multiple Monitors:

My cursor start lagging when I open various software/windows or when I open, minimize or close a full-sceened game.
It's really weird and timekilling, I can't basicaly click on anything during 5-10 sec.

Need to mention that it doesn't happen when Actual Multiple Monitor is closed!

I don't think my gear could be responsible:
There is my setup:

Windows 10 x64, 1607 (14393.693)

Dell XPS 15 9560:

Intel i7 6700HQ 2,6 / 3,6 GHz
   16Gb ram
   GeForce GTX 960M 2Gb DDR5 / Intel Iris 530
   SSD Samsung 512Gb
   4k IGZO 15,6 screen

2nd Screen: 720p 100Hz 24'

Tom Ollier

Posted: 02/08/2017 01:02:16

No idea?...

Mark

Posted: 02/08/2017 01:12:22

All I can say is it's happening to me to on Actual Window Manager 8.9.2, most notably during system startup and, as you mention, when minimizing or opening full-screen (non-windowed) games.

Win10 x64 b14393
Intel Core i7-4820K @ 3.7GHz
64gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1866
EVGA GTX980
2x Samsung Pro 850 256gb (RAID0)
Dual Dell U3011 monitors (5120x1600)

Paul

Posted: 02/08/2017 08:29:57

Sounds the same as what is discussed in the following thread,

Forum thread referencing mouse lag issue on startup

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/09/2017 01:35:28

Hello, gentlemen

What is your Multi-monitors layout and what interfaces do you use to connect the monitors to the computer (HDMI, DVI etc). Do you use USB video adapters or docking station?

Does the problem happen with all software/games or with some particular ones? Could you specify the programs/games you've noticed this problem with?

Are you running any third-party system enhancement software?

What graphic card-associated software are you running? What is the version of video drivers?

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Please add a link to this topic to the email.

Could you also see whether these problems persist with the default configuration: save your current configuration using the Backup tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Backup) so that you could restore it from this file later. Then close the program and go to "%appdata%\Actual Tools" and delete the Actual Window Manager folder from this directory. This will reset the configuration to defaults. Restart Actual Window Manager and see whether these problems still persist. Let us know the results.

Mark,
Are you running Actual Window Manager on a laptop? What is the model of the device? What is the graphic card and CPU model and the video drivers version?

Best regards.

Paul

Posted: 02/13/2017 12:53:21

@Bogdan,

At least in my case, this is on of the same problems reported in this thread and the answers to your standard investigation questions are captured there.

Mark

Posted: 02/15/2017 00:38:59

Thanks as always for your diligence, Bogdan.  Actually, since I updated my nVidia drivers (GTX 980 running GeForce 378.66), this has been much less of an issue.  Perhaps there was a glitch in the old version?  It's still a bit choppy on startup, but not nearly as bad as it has been, and might have something to do with having like two-dozen windows open.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/16/2017 15:44:27

Hello, gentlemen

Could you check whether the issue depends on the time the system works without restart: reset the computer, launch AWM and the application you have the problem with (Otlook, Lync or other) and right after that do the Lock/Unlock action or Going to/Going back from Sleep and see whether the issue appears this time.

If it's possible to reproduce the problem right after the system restart, then try to reproduce it several times and check whether it happens every time.

If the problem doesn't appear the first time you try to reproduce it, then see after what time of the system work without restarts the problem appears.

Could you also pay attention whether the problem depend on the time the computer stays in the Locked/Sleep mode?

Does the issue start to appear every time after it appears once?

Could you also when the issue appears go to the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) > Processes tab (or Details tab in Windows 8 and 10) and end the dwm.exe process and see whether the issue stops immediately.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/16/2020 18:49:20

Hello, everyone

I'm glad to notify you that we've made some changes in our software that should improve the performance upon minimizing/maximizing full screen games and disabling/enabling monitors. The changes should eliminate or significanlty reduce the lags in these situations. The fix is available in the latest version (8.14.4) of Actual Window Manager and Actual Multiple Monitors.

Could you please try this version and let us know whether it improves the performance. You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version and install it manually. Even if your free updates period has expired, you still can use this version 30 minutes a day, which should be enough to check the improvement.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register