New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 16 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Problem with Actual Multiple Monitors (8.10) , Windowed applications are unresponsive » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 41490

sudoapt at

Posted: 01/27/2017 20:47:23

sudoapt at,

Sorry for the inaccuracy. I can confirm the problem persists even with the window caption criterion enabled. We'll try to fix the problem and will post in this topic once it's fixed.

What applications besides Firefox have you noticed the problem with?

Best regards.

All good. Thanks for trying to help me with my issue. I'll keep an eye out for updates.

Regarding your question, pretty much any windows that is "inside" of a parent window. Few games, sometimes windows explorer (not the browser) is non responsive and requires me to pause or exit AMM. Few times when my Firefox browser is lagging, I get a "a script on this page is busy or may have stopped responding..." and I can't click "continue" or "stop script".  https://youtu.be/iiSppJMZvG0

Other programs like Virtualbox and Dimmdrive (ramdisk software).

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/01/2017 06:16:29

sudoapt at ,

As I can see, you don't have specific settings for other programs you have this problem with/ Does the disabling of the Ignore Deactivation feature in any of your four specific settings stop this problem for other windows?

sudoapt at

Posted: 02/02/2017 15:11:50

sudoapt at ,

As I can see, you don't have specific settings for other programs you have this problem with/ Does the disabling of the Ignore Deactivation feature in any of your four specific settings stop this problem for other windows?

I forgot to mention that the reason why I don't have specific settings for other programs is because I did a clean install of Actual Multiple Monitors before posting this thread in the hopes that a clean install would fix the problem. But that didn't work unfortunately, hence why there aren't any specific settings for other programs.

I am unsure of what four specific settings you are referring to but disabling the Ignore Deactivation feature in "Startup" does stop this problem and disabling the Window Caption> Substring match in "Target Window" stops the problem 50% of the time, which is very random.

Is there any progress so far? More specifically, do you guys know what the problem is?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/05/2017 01:40:14

sudoapt at,

I am unsure of what four specific settings you are referring to
There are four specific settings entries including the one for Firefox in your configuration files, that you've sent us.

but disabling the Ignore Deactivation feature in "Startup" does stop this problem and disabling the Window Caption> Substring match in "Target Window" stops the problem 50% of the time, which is very random.
Could you clarify, disabling this option in WHAT exactly specific settings solves the problem and for WHAT applications?

Paul Moxhay

Posted: 08/28/2022 13:09:54

Was this ever fixed as I am having the same issues with version 8.14.7 but with Chrome

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/08/2022 02:23:10

Hello, Paul

Unfortunately, the problem hasn't been fixed yet. We'll post here when it's fixed, although for now there is no any time frame for when it will be fixed.

Could you tell what exactly you want to accomplish by applying the Ignore Deactivation feature to Chrome windows? If it's in order to avoid applying of automatic transparency then have you considered disabling transparency for particular Chrome window (right click to the window's title bar > Window menu > Options > Transparency > Disable automatic transparency)?

Messages 11 - 16 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register