Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Background images not displaying , Background pictures not displaying » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7418

Benny Miller

Posted: 01/16/2017 04:31:42

Hello,

Thanks for checking on this. I'm sure I have changed something that can easily be corrected. My background images use to work quite well. I have 3 separate monitors and everything worked well before Christmas. None of my images are being displayed.

Is their a settings folder or something I could have you look at?

Using Windows 10, 16GB memory at 3.4GHz quad core I7 CPU.

I believe something might have changed in Windows setup, but I have tried uninstalling Actual Multiple Monitors and reinstalling it and no change. My background is BLACK now directory is set to check out Photos from my C:\Windows\Web directory. Yes their are files JPG's there along with some BMP's.

Xahi4475

Posted: 01/16/2017 16:24:40

I had this problem on my Windows Server 2003 but I fixed it changing background pictures with AWM inactive. So first you open AWM Configuration window and leave it open, you close AWM from system tray (Exit), you change pictures and then you open AWM. I hope helps you this.
In my case changing background with AWM active pictures always will be undone once AWM is closed or when I restart Windows.

-----
Actual Window Manager, ShellToys, Macro Express, AdMuncher,
gMote, DMEXBar, AutoHotkey...

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/16/2017 16:58:35

Hello, gentlemen

Benny, could you send us a screenshot of the "Background" section of the configuration module (configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Background).

Are there the Next Slide and Open Slide items in the desktop context menu when Actual Multiple Monitors is running? Does anything happen when you click on them?

Best regards.

Daniel Lynch

Posted: 03/14/2017 22:53:33

Having the same issue.  Backgrounds used to work, now they do not.  Windows 10 64bit. Nvidia Quadro M4000. I think it might be windows 10 personalization> backgrounds> I think these settings might somehow be over riding the AMM.

Daniel Lynch

Posted: 03/14/2017 22:54:02

windows background settings image

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/15/2017 16:34:53

Hello, Daniel

Could you remember some specific events or actions preceding this problem?

Does the switching to other mode (for example Current Windows background) then switching back to "Single picture..." and hitting Apply solve the problem?

Does the switching to other mode AND hitting Apply then switching back to "Single picture..." and hitting Apply again solve the problem?

If this doesn't help, try to use the same methods when Actual Multiple Monitors is not launched and only the configuration module is open, and THEN launch AMM.

Tell us whether one of the listed above methods make the AMM background work or if you have any other solution to make it work.

Does the problem happen repeatedly? How often does it happen?

What are the monitors resolutions?

What is your DPI settings?

A corrupted image file can cause this problem. To check this please do the following: change the "Single picture..." mode's sub-opiton "Background mode" from Slideshow to Static. Then set to the background lets say three image files one-by-one to make sure that these files are not corrupted. Remember these files and then return to the "Slideshow" background mode and leave only these files in the slideshow playlist. See whether the problem appears.

Daniel Lynch

Posted: 03/17/2017 22:18:16

Specific actions, might have been windows updates/service pack.  
Setting the windows to image from background color and then opening amm config, applying a change to time interval at which the pics rotate and then opening AMM worked! Thank you for the recommendation.

My 3 screens had been all black for toooo long! =D  

Monitor 1  is horizontal and is 1920x1080
Monitor 2  is vertical and is 1440x2560
Monitor 3  is vertical and is 1440x2560
Custom Scaling is set to 175%

Images are good, I had an old windows 7 pc that had amm running that always worked that I copied the files from for the backgrounds.

Thanks for the recommendation!
Dan :D

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register